PARTY AT PETE'S HOUSE!!!!

Automan2164

Just kidding. But seriously. Our fearless leader has been MJ-less for sometime now. Yes, he does have a fleet, but none are road worthy at the moment. He's been nipping away where he can, but I would like to get everyone together to bring used parts, hands, bodies, and tools to get the fleet fixed up.

A few of us in the WI/IL area had talked about getting out there and lending a hand, but I wanted to open it up to everyone on CC. As for dates, I didn't have any nailed down. I wanted to shoot for June-July when the weather is nice, but not the blistering August stuff yet. Maybe we can spend a full day wrenching, then spend another taking a group trip to the Walter P. Chrysler museum... They actually do have a couple of MJ's on display. Maybe by then my persistence will have payed off and we might actually be able to see the Thunderchief.

Pete's got some extra sleeping room at his place (I have already confirmed). I was thinking a weekend, get there Friday, all hang out/meet, day wrenching, then the trip into Detroit (Since Pete is so close).

Thus far, this is as many Comanche Club member's we have had in one spot:

Let's help Pete out, and try to beat the last get together!

Anyone else game?

Rob :cheers:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be cool, though, I'm not sure when the next time Ill be in Michigan again. We'll have to wait and see when we get a date lined up. I would love to help Pete out though.... maybe I can send a donation or parts or something. We should get together a list of whats needed and sign up for bits if we can't make it and want to help. Keep us posted.

hell i just suggested something like this not too long ago but everyone didnt go for it. mine was more of a meet-and-wheel thing but same idea of getting together no matter what part of the country. i don't know how far it is from me but i doubt my bitchass will make it. I'm seriously due for a road trip though and been trying to think of where/when to go

Might be able to swing something like this. If I drive, I could haul up parts...but not with the MJ. I could probably fly up there with my father... Obviously no axles or the would come, only helping hands. How far is Pete from the nearest small airport?

Hate to say this but the dog is the most normal looking character in the pic. :rotf:

Unless something unusual comes up I won't be able to make it. Need any parts that can be shipped. let me know. May be able to help out there. How about identifying the folks in the pic? comanche.gif

How about identifying the folks in the pic? comanche.gif

From left to right:

Automan2164

89Eliminator

WorldsFastestComanche

Jakeman17

JeepCoMJ

Pete M and Carly

Mojomj

Geonovast

Whowey

$500MJ

Jerry (Tag-along)

Will (Tag-along)

Got that from the other thread this pic was posted in. It gets a little hairy around Mojomj and Genovast. I'm guessing Mojo is the one holding the brew, Genovast is in the back with the shades, whowey is the angry looking fellow in the gray t-shirt, $500MJ has the blue hat in the back (which is what throws me for a loop because I was under the impression $500MJ was around my age in his 20's).

Might be able to swing something like this. If I drive, I could haul up parts...but not with the MJ. I could probably fly up there with my father... Obviously no axles or the would come, only helping hands. How far is Pete from the nearest small airport?

Now if said plane had an extra seat... :brows:

Said plane is an experimental RV-7A... A little 2 seater. Not sure if he is still a member of the flying club or not who has a few 172s and 182s. If its even feasible to drive, I'm sure there would be an extra seat.

the Grosse Ile airport is about 20 minutes away (and is small). Detroit Metro International Airport (definitely not small) is within a half hours drive.

don't actually need many parts. mostly just need wrenching time. :wrench:

Said plane is an experimental RV-7A... A little 2 seater. Not sure if he is still a member of the flying club or not who has a few 172s and 182s. If its even feasible to drive, I'm sure there would be an extra seat.

Well if that were the case, I'd probably be in

So how's everybody date wise? Any have a deal killer weekend? I doubt we will be able to please all, but we can at least try.

Rob :cheers:

pick a date. I'll take off work when I know, but I need to know 2 weeks in advance.

want to carpool rob? or just do a caravan trip?

Pat, Ben (Neohic) asked that too... I am kinda unsure whats in my cards as of yet. Angela and I would probably take a 4 day weekend, leave Thursday night, and use the other days to explore... When we went up to Ben's place and made a weekend getaway she really enjoyed it. We might just take our own ride so we have the freedom to roam all the sights. I would be happy to carpool if we all decide to go out/about as a group from Pete's place.

Maybe we could all convoy there, picking up members to add to the trip along the way...

Rob

Don't know who all is coming from my direction (NE Ohio), but I'm going into Toledo either on 280 and then following I-75 north, or I may be getting on I-75 near Findlay, about 50 miles south of Toledo and follow it north.

whowey is the angry looking fellow in the gray t-shirt, $500MJ has the blue hat in the back (which is what throws me for a loop because I was under the impression $500MJ was around my age in his 20's).

I wasn't angry... I stupidly wore long pants.. and that day turned out pretty warm...And I lost my sunglasses.. so I was blind and tired of being blind all day. So hot and tired.. but not angry. We picked through this great AMC collection that day, got to see Peter's WFC, and their eclectic group of Jeeps. it was an absolutely outstanding Jeep day.

And you are correct... Brent is in his 20's... just getting closer towards the far end of them

whowey is the angry looking fellow in the gray t-shirt, $500MJ has the blue hat in the back (which is what throws me for a loop because I was under the impression $500MJ was around my age in his 20's).

I wasn't angry... I stupidly wore long pants.. and that day turned out pretty warm...And I lost my sunglasses.. so I was blind and tired of being blind all day. So hot and tired.. but not angry. We picked through this great AMC collection that day, got to see Peter's WFC, and their eclectic group of Jeeps. it was an absolutely outstanding Jeep day.

And you are correct... Brent is in his 20's... just getting closer towards the far end of them

He's 25...