comanche spotting......

88swampedmj

i was watching war of the worlds lastnight and noticed as tom cruise was trying to escape capture from the aliens..he hid in a white swb 2wd comanche....if it were 4x4 he prolly woulda got away :chillin:

anyone else notice the comanche...or any others...oh i just rememberd there is a black one in the beggining of the movie small soldiers... it looked pretty good

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a hoodless MJ in "Sahara". When the badguys attack the group, they set all the rigs on fire. But if you look closely, you'll notice that the "MJ" that is burning isn't actually an MJ, but an XJ fabbed up to look like an MJ. :D

this chick I'm talkin to made me watch "rent"

She had better be a really good looker, or spend her money on your Jeep parts. Cause I've been married for 12 years, and I still wouldn't watch that piece of crap.

i just realized in the movie monsters ball with billy bob thorton ....he drives a comanche

Actually ... it was his son's. After his son commits suicide, he gives the Comanche to Halle Berry.

i just realized in the movie monsters ball with billy bob thorton ....he drives a comanche

Actually ... it was his son's. After his son commits suicide, he gives the Comanche to Halle Berry.

That means Halle Berry is a MJ driver and knows what a quality truck is 8)

That means Halle Berry is a MJ driver and knows what a quality truck is 8)

Miss Berry certainly shows the 'range' of her talent in that movie.

at the end of one of the family guy episodes there is a black mj that drives by stewy as he is trying to hitch hike. and the best j-truck in a movie is the tremors one. still looking for one just like it :D .

alex

1 part of "Joy Ride" at the 1 Resturant theres a Green LWB Comanche sittin outside.....Paul Walker would have stolen it but it was locked :D

isnt there a scene almost just like that where Micke J Fox does something just like that?

alex

I saw one at the transfer station today in my town.. 196? Gladiator pickup.. rusty, loud, plow frame...

Still I offered the guy $1000 for it and gave him my card...

He was old enough to look like he bought it new ;)

isn't the tremors truck a shortbed? i have had no luck finding that bed and small rear window. but what i am having the worst time finding it one that isn't an 80s one with the ugly square headlights. there is two between bucyrus and marion. not stepsides but o well. i might get the 70s one that has been sitting for about 5 years. still has the chrome razor grille and everything. i can always change to a rhino grille later. ;)

alex

• 1 year later...
There's a hoodless MJ in "Sahara". When the badguys attack the group, they set all the rigs on fire. But if you look closely, you'll notice that the "MJ" that is burning isn't actually an MJ, but an XJ fabbed up to look like an MJ. :D

That is awesome.

I just noticed that myself. Came here and did a search... found this thread.

How does one get a job with the firm that provides vehicles to hollyweird for films, and yet still knows not to burn an MJ? That there is an outfit with its priorities in line. That is the job I want.

I doubt it was that they knew better than to burn an MJ...half the people I talk to, standing NEXT TO MY TRUCK, can't tell the difference between a Comanche and a Cherokee.

They probably went to a JY and went "Gimmie..that one, that one, and that one."

Chances are it was just a project someone either quit on or wrecked.

I haven't seen Sahara yet, but I'll make sure I watch that scene about 87 times.

Actually there are companies that do nothing but provide vehicles for the movies. They would have provided a running MJ and a carcass to burn- the carcass only needs to be close, thus the XJ probably being an easier find, previously wrecked etc.

I think the company I stumbled across specialized in "military looking" vehicles and I remember thinking about the weird psuedo dictator's Jeep that isn't quite right in shows like the A-Team and realizing they all came from the same source- "Need something without an engine to flip off an exploding ramp? No problem!"