what kind of gas mileage do you get?

JeepcoMJ

and what motor do you have (plus any other factors such as gears, tire size that you know)

...on my latest tank, I went 222.5 miles on 8.1 gallons. this is with the 3800...my 86 mj powered by a 96 camaro 3.8 liter v6.

geared 3.55, 3" lift on her, and 31x10.50 dayton timberline all-terrains

all highway driving of 45mph to 65mph, and it figures out to be 27-something miles per gallon :cheers: jamminz.gif :D

what're you guys getting?

I pull 21mpg city and 22-23 mpg highway.

4.0 with rusty's airintake tube and K&N filter,throttle body spacer, 33 x 9.50 with 6.5'' lift with a 8.8 out back with 4.10lsd.

Granted now that I don't yet have the front driveshaft on up front. Also the head was rebuilt last summer. I run 87 octane and every other tank I add octane booster.

I'll guess 10-12 round town and 15-16 on the hi-way. Its 230-240miles a tank-full, that's with 6"/4:56 & 33's and a correct speedo gear.

That's the reason for the lil' Mazda 323... its getting just into the 30's in town!!!! :cheers: :D

Back when the MJ was 3:55 & 30's, she got in the upper 20's in town when I drove like an ol'lady going to church. :roll:

CW

Around 420 miles/ 20 gallons IF you play nice on the interstate. Going to work and back, a full tank lasts almost 1 month. But then again, it is less than 8 miles to work... :brows: Oh, and this is with a 300,000 mile 4.0, 5 spd., 5" lift 3.55 gears, and 31.10.50.15 Hankook MTs'.

I haven’t had to fill up my Comanche sense I installed the floor jacks under it. But my stang gets around 23 MPG, that’s if you don’t have fun when your driving it. people automatically think it gets terrible gas mileage because it’s a V8, but there good if your light on the skinny peddle. My specks 23mpg, 4.6L, T-5, 8.8 3:55 gears on 295/35/18. I do however have to fill it up three two or times a week, I drive 38 miles one way to work!!! THAT SUCKS! :hateputers:

i get 21-30 mpg with my straight stock 2.5 with no roof, 2wd. i can't wait to take it down with some mods, though...

once it shocked me by getting 35 mpg going 55mph to jacksonville and back, about 400 miles round trip. i was coming back with a 600 pound industrial oven, too. good gas, i guess.

Just remember guys that if you have not replaced your speedo gear and are running larger tires and/or different gears your odom. is not calculating your mileage correctly.

mine is off by 13% so I multiply by 1.13 to get the true mileage.

but, i've got the dinky tank and only average about 300 miles on a tank.

I only drive about 100 miles a month, so only fill up about once a month... since I'm all City, under 35, short trips and lots of stop and go between here and there... I get about 10 MPG right now.. My engine is pretty tired, so I assume that too has something to do with the low #'s...

Sw2

the last tanks have been consistent 19.8~ with NO highway driving, with mixed highway and city i got 20.5~

this is a stock 235/75r15

89 4.0 5spd 4x4

6 months ago i was getting 15mpg consistently then i slowed down and started shifting at 2000rpm, that upped it to 17, then i fixed the o2 sensor and i'm at my current 19+change

86 long box, all stock, 2.1 Renault turbo diesel, 218,483 miles, 4X4, 5 spd, 4.10 gears, P-235/15 tires.

Driving back and forth to work (about 20 miles one way) I have burned 28.05 gallons of diesel fuel in the last 898 miles which comes out to 32.014+ mpg. The old dog is a little weak in the knees and has a crack in one of the precombustion chambers that will pump air into the coolant if the boost gauge is held at over 5lbs for very long so I have to be easy on it. When the head was good and I could hold the boost at 7 to 10 lbs where the engine is most efficient, I have gotten as high as 37mpg. With the 4.10 gears and stock tires it runs about 3000 rpms at 60 mph which is not a good fuel milage combination so I am impressed with what it will do. It still only will use about 1 qt of oil in 3000 miles and has been running with the cracked precup for over 2 years now doesn't seem to be in any danger of dieing but I am nice to it so it returns the favor by almost never letting me down.

It's been a great little truck and if I could buy a new one just like it today I would in a heart beat. the only thing that sucks is the price of diesel fuel. It is at $4.63 per gallon around here right now (down from $4.75 at it's highest) and has been over $4.00 for a loooooong time.

opsled

86 long box, all stock, 2.1 Renault turbo diesel, 218,483 miles, 4X4, 5 spd, 4.10 gears, P-235/15 tires.

Driving back and forth to work (about 20 miles one way) I have burned 28.05 gallons of diesel fuel in the last 898 miles which comes out to 32.014+ mpg. The old dog is a little weak in the knees and has a crack in one of the precombustion chambers that will pump air into the coolant if the boost gauge is held at over 5lbs for very long so I have to be easy on it. When the head was good and I could hold the boost at 7 to 10 lbs where the engine is most efficient, I have gotten as high as 37mpg. With the 4.10 gears and stock tires it runs about 3000 rpms at 60 mph which is not a good fuel milage combination so I am impressed with what it will do. It still only will use about 1 qt of oil in 3000 miles and has been running with the cracked precup for over 2 years now doesn't seem to be in any danger of dieing but I am nice to it so it returns the favor by almost never letting me down.

It's been a great little truck and if I could buy a new one just like it today I would in a heart beat. the only thing that sucks is the price of diesel fuel. It is at $4.63 per gallon around here right now (down from $4.75 at it's highest) and has been over $4.00 for a loooooong time.

opsled

new body comes july 7th :brows:

i am getting average 24mpg on the highway at about 70mph with a 89 4.0 5spd and 235/75/15 tires.

average i go 404 to 408 being completely full. in town, i get about 300 to 350 depending on if i am shootin off at the stops signs and street lights.