It's Back! This time w. no reserve.

HOrnbrod

$2650.00 19 bids...8days 10 hours left.....

Let's go team... let's go

I got a good idea.. Everyone start guessing what the final sale will be for.

That is if he doesn't pull it first.

I'm guessing $7500.

My Prediction...It's not gonna be sold on Ebay...It will be pulled becuause he's not gonna get what he wants...If I'm wrong, I'll buy beer for the winner... I don't think the "real" bidding will get above $6.5K

It is a MORTAL LOCK that his rig will not sell on eBay. As said above, he will pull the auction before it ends.

He clearly doesn't understand the law of diminishing returns. My guess is that it should sell for about $3,500.

He thinks because he spent 'X' amount on it, that it is worth "initial purchasing price + X'. Which it isn't.

I don't think it'll sell at all.

It's nice, yeah... But not my thing. I hate the tire/rim combination for some reason, and I think it's lifted a bit much too perhaps.

Thing is, I doubt any one on this forum would spend the amount of money that he wants. However, do you remember the one that sold a little while ago for 7 large on Ebay. That one was supposedly cherry and low mileage. I don't remember what it went for the second time it was on.

But now listen. You figure you're gonna spend $1000 on buying a half decent Comanche in OK shape. They're all 20 years old. If nothing has been replaced you're gonna end up doing it all yourself like I'm doing. I've already spent 4-5 grand between truck and parts and I'm not even halfway done with the "restoration". So if you reeealy want a Comanche and don't feel like playing mechanic and this guy is being honest in his statement that this is the best Comanche on the planet originality wise, asking 5-6 grand is not outta the question. Now anything from there is whether or not people truly want to start fighting for this truck. It's got eight days left and there are already 19 bids which means a crapload of "lurkers" are watching. I see the bidding getting high. And to be honest from the tone of his description he sounds like he's talking to anyone on this forum which leads me to believe he's a member here.

So if you're listening California Comanche Man. Come out with your hands up and give up the Comanche.

Damn FBI and aliens....illegal or otherwise :rant:

Thing is, I doubt any one on this forum would spend the amount of money that he wants. However, do you remember the one that sold a little while ago for 7 large on Ebay. That one was supposedly cherry and low mileage. I don't remember what it went for the second time it was on.

But now listen. You figure you're gonna spend $1000 on buying a half decent Comanche in OK shape. They're all 20 years old. If nothing has been replaced you're gonna end up doing it all yourself like I'm doing. I've already spent 4-5 grand between truck and parts and I'm not even halfway done with the "restoration". So if you reeealy want a Comanche and don't feel like playing mechanic and this guy is being honest in his statement that this is the best Comanche on the planet originality wise, asking 5-6 grand is not outta the question. Now anything from there is whether or not people truly want to start fighting for this truck. It's got eight days left and there are already 19 bids which means a crapload of "lurkers" are watching. I see the bidding getting high. And to be honest from the tone of his description he sounds like he's talking to anyone on this forum which leads me to believe he's a member here.

So if you're listening California Comanche Man. Come out with your hands up and give up the Comanche.

So whats you High Bid gonna be Chico?

So whats you High Bid gonna be Chico?

What do you mean? What I think it'll go for. $7500.

I'd pay 5 if I had the time to fly to Cali and make sure evrything he said was true. I'd never buy from Ebay without looking at it first. That's how I got stuck with my monster.

Take a look at the bid history. There may be 19 bids but half are from one guy. Three of the bidders have zero history. That's either fishy or someone is pulling one on him. Guy at work got burnt by his X driving the bid up and then never comunicating. Somehow he knew it was his X.

Take a look at the bid history. There may be 19 bids but half are from one guy. Three of the bidders have zero history. That's either fishy or someone is pulling one on him. Guy at work got burnt by his X driving the bid up and then never comunicating. Somehow he knew it was his X.

Good eye Jaekl. Something does smell fishy. This looks like a job for Scooby-Dooby-doo...........

I bet ya at the end the monster will be demasked and it'll end up being either an alien...or the FBI

Good eye Jaekl. Something does smell fishy. This looks like a job for Scooby-Dooby-doo...........

I bet ya at the end the monster will be demasked and it'll end up being either an alien...or the FBI

...and he would have gotten away with it if it hadn't be from those dang meddling ComancheClub.com kids...

...and he would have gotten away with it if it hadn't be from those dang meddling ComancheClub.com kids...

:jump:

Yea.....I remember that one, last December, it was around Long Island / New York City, had the plow with it, only had like 19K miles.......yea, it sold the first time for like $7200.....turn out it had a bad alternator, and the guy re listed it, in February, Sold the 2nd time for around $4000, that's when I though the alternator cost that guy $3200 :nuts:

Yup......your going to get that kind of money.....at least make sure it starts and makes it out the driveway :teehee:

This one......I'll go with #2......I think it will be pulled before the end of the auction.....and show up some place else......again.

Other wise......I'm thinking around the $7400 area for a high bid.

And from the Craigslist postings he is looking for $10K+, because it's the "Most Invested" MJ in the country or whatever crazy thing he said...

In the SFBay Craigslist his add was "flagged for removal",. So which one of us "flagged" him? :clapping:

In the SFBay Craigslist his add was "flagged for removal",. So which one of us "flagged" him? :clapping:

You mean this one Jeepdoggy?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/708738550.html

It's still on The LA craigslist, so he was probably flagged for advertising outside his area.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/car/717650860.html

You mean this one Jeepdoggy?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/708738550.html

It's still on The LA craigslist, so he was probably flagged for advertising outside his area.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/car/717650860.html

Don,

Yes that's the one! I didn't know they were so quick to flag out of area ads. We'll see what the final price comes to... :popcorn:

You can advertise out of your area, you just can't put an ad in several places at the same time. He probably caught the attention of someone that was using the same keywords to search in several areas. I see multiple listings a lot. Sometimes they get away with it, sometimes they don't.

The truck strikes me as one of those (California) common $1200 - $1500 Comanches that someone put a couple bucks into. Then a couple people told him MJ's were rare and here we are. You never know in California. He just may get a good price.

Up to $4500 1/2 way thru the auction... I was going to ask him a question if he had actually viewed every other Comanche in the country to back up the statement of "possibly the nicest Comanche in the US", but I doubt he would have replied...