It's Back! This time w. no reserve.

HOrnbrod

I just can't figure out what he has over 10K invested in still??? Lift and tires... paint? What else could there possibly be?

It's easy to spend $10,000 if you're replacing everything that's twenty years old and PAYING someone to do it for you. Mechanics labor rates are high now. Lowest I've seen is $55. Highest is $110 an hour. I bet you the $10,000 is from initial purchase price of the vehicle, normal part replacement and the money he had to pay a mechanic to do it.

Like I replaced my rear brakes and parking brake lines. I got an estimate from two local shops that wanted between $600-$750 for parts and labor. And that didn't even include the actual drums because mine were fine. I ended up doing it myself and saved a lot of money on my car insurance. :D

I just can't figure out what he has over 10K invested in still??? Lift and tires... paint? What else could there possibly be?

It's easy to spend $10,000 if you're replacing everything that's twenty years old and PAYING someone to do it for you. Mechanics labor rates are high now. Lowest I've seen is $55. Highest is $110 an hour. I bet you the $10,000 is from initial purchase price of the vehicle, normal part replacement and the money he had to pay a mechanic to do it.

Like I replaced my rear brakes and parking brake lines. I got an estimate from two local shops that wanted between $600-$750 for parts and labor. And that didn't even include the actual drums because mine were fine. I ended up doing it myself and saved a lot of money on my car insurance. :D

True. I always do my own mechanical work. I won't even let someone do an oil change ever since Jiffy Lube left the oil plug loose on my girlfriends 2 month old car.

Let me guess.... you switched to geico? :D

Winning bid: US $4,650.00

wow........far cry from his 10K mark :hmm:

Will we see it again.........

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay...I agree and have a feeling that there will be some mysterious sale issue and the $4650 bid won't be a "winning" bid resulting in a sales transaction...

Wade

Winning bid: US $4,650.00

wow........far cry from his 10K mark :hmm:

Will we see it again.........

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay...I agree and have a feeling that there will be some mysterious sale issue and the $4650 bid won't be a "winning" bid resulting in a sales transaction...

Wade

:yes: I'm thinking the same thing :roll:

I bet this guy goes for $5K minimum :eek:

Well, I was off - but not by much. I think this sale might be legit this time. :cheers:

The Winning bidder is also a seller of some stuff from up here in Cupertino, CA, about 45 minutes north of here... Maybe I'll email the guy and ask if he really won it...

SW2

The Winning bidder is also a seller of some stuff from up here in Cupertino, CA, about 45 minutes north of here... Maybe I'll email the guy and ask if he really won it...SW2

Yeah, why not #2. I'd be interested if this thing is finally going to change hands..........

The Winning bidder is also a seller of some stuff from up here in Cupertino, CA, about 45 minutes north of here... Maybe I'll email the guy and ask if he really won it...SW2

Yeah, why not #2. I'd be interested if this thing is finally going to change hands..........

Heck if it were close enough, i'd like to drive up over the hill to see what the "finest Comanche in the country" actually looks like... :brows:

i don't know how i missed this thread?! :wall: you guys know i'm always up for a good debate on resales, and i missed some good opportunity for a little classic CC doofball humor. i must have been licking the windows on the short bus when this was making the rounds. :dunce: