Restoration opinions needed

fiatslug87

With or without stripes?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. With or without stripes?

• Stripes
    • No Stripes

I personally no like the stripes, it does look good howver if you want to maintain that history stock look. I say the stripes look good on there while it has the topper on it but no topper no stripes. jamminz.gif

Edit: with the stripes the truck looks like a 75yr old man drives it. :D

You can probably guess my vote... I went through the same decision process and am VERY happy that took mine off...

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... highlight=

I agree... if it were still 1989/90 they might be OK, but I prefer mine without anything (including the lower molding)...

Not sure if Blue might look different than my white, but If I got another one like mine that had the the stripe, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to remove em again.

Are you repainting, or just removing the stripe? From my threads, it was mentioned a couple times that darker colors will show the fading and shadowing more than what my White does with just a removal (I can still see the lines on mine if I look at the right angle and the sunlight is just right).

Wade

You can probably guess my vote... I went through the same decision process and am VERY happy that took mine off...

I agree... if it were still 1989/90 they might be OK, but I prefer mine without anything (including the lower molding)...

Not sure if Blue might look different than my white, but If I got another one like mine that had the the stripe, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to remove em again.

Are you repainting, or just removing the stripe? From my threads, it was mentioned a couple times that darker colors will show the fading and shadowing more than what my White does with just a removal (I can still see the lines if I look at the right angle and the sunlight is just right).

Wade

Yeah yours was the one I was looking for to post, I like the way yours turned out.

Are you repainting, or just removing the stripe?

Just got it repainted and I just finished putting all the trim, mirrors, door handles, fender flares, antenna, bumpers, etc. back on. I still have to install the emblems. The pictures above are of the actual truck as it sits right now and the stripes photoshopped in for comparison.

Are you repainting, or just removing the stripe?

Just got it repainted and I just finished putting all the trim, mirrors, door handles, fender flares, antenna, bumpers, etc. back on. I still have to install the emblems. The pictures above are of the actual truck as it sits right now and the stripes photoshopped in for comparison.

OFF FOR SURE!

Did you even find someone that had Replacement Stickers, or were you going to paint new ones to match?

Did you even find someone that had Replacement Stickers, or were you going to paint new ones to match?

There's a guy on e-Bay that's been posting the SPORTRUCK stickers and says he can make them in any color.

Edit: with the stripes the truck looks like a 75yr old man drives it. :D

You guessed my age!!!:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

I vote for stripes. Or maybe a large custom 4x4 decal behind the rear wheel or something. You need something to break up all that blue, whether it be Sportruck stripes or something else.

I like the stripes w/black wheels, no stripes with chrome/alum wheels. But I think Minibeast hit the nail on the head for me, with the topper, too much blue going on, so the stripes break it up. w/out the topper, i could vote either way, but i think it would still depend on the wheels for me. regardless, looks nice.

I like the stripes w/black wheels, no stripes with chrome/alum wheels. But I think Minibeast hit the nail on the head for me, with the topper, too much blue going on, so the stripes break it up. w/out the topper, i could vote either way, but i think it would still depend on the wheels for me. regardless, looks nice.

that is pretty much what i was about to type :cheers:

I would leave them off. If you decide to put them on, please note that your PhotoChop has the stripe on backwards. The hockey stick blade goes to the back, not on the door.

No, the PIONEER stripes extend from the front to the back with the hockey stick blade behind the rear wheel, the SPORTRUCK stripes are as pictured; the hockey stick blade starts at the front of the door and extends to the back.

I would leave them off. If you decide to put them on, please note that your PhotoChop has the stripe on backwards. The hockey stick blade goes to the back, not on the door.

not true...he's got them right.

the PIONEER is the one that's backwards.

anyways, i offer you my opinion;

lose the topper, keep it around for when needed but not DD.

if you apply stripes, chrome wheels. if not, get rid of that matte black crap and spray the rims semigloss. the crap paint really takes away from the truck (no offense meant at all)

also, if you apply the stripes then re-badge it. whether it be with vinyl badges or factory ones.

Eagle, 99.975% of the time you're right, but this time you're wrong. The comanche I have owned for a large part of my life had the 'Sportruck' decals, and I remember them vividly. After all it was the tail of them that I destoryed after my encounter with a fence - which had a lot of spectators as it was within a block of my high school at the time.

I like the stock look, and your's looks very stock, So......I vote for the new decals :D

Is it the 70's - 80's look......Yea, because these trucks were made back then ;)

I can always tell if a truck has been repainted.....cause the stickers are missing.......And what else is missing with the new paint job??? Your looks 'un-finished' with out the decals.

Our old friend 'Spencer' from jeepstickers.com has not been around for the past year.....and last year I sent him some 'new - old stock' Pioneer decals to re-produce.......and I guest there lost now. And then the guy from Canada came on e-bay and started selling the decals.....so I guest we all go that way.

Each truck has it's own look. I would think that the decals would "add" a little detail to your MJ :D

And if you want to up-grade your MJ......go for the Pioneer decals :brows:

Try that in photoshop and see how it looks ;)

Guest vzehler

I don't like the stripes myself and would leave them off. It's a stock look either way because some MJ's didn't come with any. :roll:

And if you want to up-grade your MJ......go for the Pioneer decals :brows:

Try that in photoshop and see how it looks ;)

My other two MJs are Pioneers and still have their stripes, if I do add stripes they would be the ones that came stock (see signature-All Stock All the Time) with this truck, the SPORTRUCK stripes.

It's GREAT to hear everyones opinion and the diversity of opinions is really interesting. Thanks for all your input, please keep it coming!!!

God I hope that was a photochop and Mike didn't put the stripes on backwards! :D Seriously I like the stripes and you have two other Comanche's to play with in good shape. I bought the "eliminator stickers" from that guy on ebay and they were top notch (at least compared to the NOS eliminator stickers I got from the PO of my truck. The paint job looks great BTW.