• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike to some really good photos.  I wish my truck had been ready so I could have gone with you.  Yellow Jacket hill looked like it would be pretty tough with all that mud making the rocks so slick.  How did the ARB's work are you loving them?

Ron

Mike to some really good photos.  I wish my truck had been ready so I could have gone with you.  Yellow Jacket hill looked like it would be pretty tough with all that mud making the rocks so slick.  How did the ARB's work are you loving them?

Ron

I would not have made it up Yellow Jacket Hill without them.   :D

Willy

• 4 weeks later...

The original shift linkage I created for the two transfer cases utilized the stock bushings on each end.  They held up fairly well over the years but have caused some problems at times by popping out of the shift levers.  I decided to replace them with some rod ends that should eliminate that problem.

Old linkage on the left.

Willy

Returned to Copper Creek Road Saturday to play in the snow.  The tow straps and winches were well used by the end of the day.

15155549880_e0897fb1a3_b.jpg

15155656278_82cf98af38_b.jpg

15155669187_e5900c9186_b.jpg

One rig broke a motor mount which resulted in the engine shifting enough to put a hole in the oil filter.

15341881002_bb008348a8_b.jpg

Duct tape to the rescue.

15339007321_13c124875a_b.jpg

15319141256_d0c5a811dd_b.jpg

More pics here.

Willy

• 3 weeks later...

Back to some cage work.  I added some down bars.

Gussets at the main hoop.

As well as a couple of short pieces connecting to the main hoop on the inside of the down bars.

Some gussets for the rear.  The holes should make a convenient place to attach tie down straps.  It seems like I can never have too many of those.

I'll also add a mount for the CO2 tank and Hi-Lift.

Willy

• 3 weeks later...

did you keep track of how much tube you used for your cage?  or do you have a rough guess?

Wade,

Sorry about the late response.  I didn't completely forget about this....except when I was in the garage with my notes.  I originally purchased 4 tubes that were approximately 20' long.  I do remember going back for another tube because some of our first attempts didn't turn out so well.  Hope this helps.

Willy

thank you.  i bought 80'.  based off my extremely rough measurements, i needed 71'.  i know i will need to do a few test bends.

Are you planning on going with the same style cage we built?

Willy

How do the bars that go down the windshield pillars into the fenders mount?

They bolt to these plates that are welded to the unibody just in front of the door hinges.

Willy

thank you.  i bought 80'.  based off my extremely rough measurements, i needed 71'.  i know i will need to do a few test bends.

Willy

maybe not exactly the same, but probably similar.  i will be tying mine into the rock rails.

Willy

maybe not exactly the same, but probably similar.  i will be tying mine into the rock rails.

Nice!  I look forward to seeing what you do.

Willy

Willy

Nice!  I look forward to seeing what you do.

Willy

me too haha.  this will be my first attempt at bending up a cage.  been reading a lot about tips on bending tube.