• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be a little excessive but I wanted to spread the load out as much as possible.  I don't think a tree or rock will be very considerate of how many bolts are holding it on as it is trying to rip it off.

Willy

Looks, good. Just had to tease you a little. :cheers:

It may be a little excessive but I wanted to spread the load out as much as possible.  I don't think a tree or rock will be very considerate of how many bolts are holding it on as it is trying to rip it off.

Willy

Looks, good. Just had to tease you a little. :cheers:

Willy

No offense taken.  I had the same thought after I marked it for drilling.   :thumbsup:

Willy

Coming together nicely...are you going to connect the cage back into the bed like you had on the first two tubes you formed up?

I do plan on some more tubing coming off the B pillar hoop into the bed, but it won't attach to the top of the bed rails.  That will come at a later date.  I don't have enough time to build it before my next wheeling trip.

Willy

• 3 weeks later...

The last few weeks have been pretty much non-stop working on the MJ and then wheeling at Trail Jamboree last week.  A big thanks to my friends Ron and Keith along with my father for helping me get this thing put back together to go wheeling.

I picked up a set of dimple dies and added some gussets to the cage.

Then it was time to burn through a lot of welding wire.

Test fit before paint.

Painted and installed.

Willy