• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We made a trip to Copper Creek Road on Saturday to play in the snow.  The views were incredible and we all made it home safely despite a couple rigs wanting to slide down the mountain.

IMG_4094.JPG

Mt. Rainier

IMG_4095.JPG

IMG_4097.JPG

IMG_4098.JPG

IMG_4099.JPG

IMG_4101.JPG

IMG_4104.JPG

IMG_4111.JPG

IMG_4113.JPG

IMG_4116.JPG

IMG_4128.JPG

IMG_4132.JPG

His first time wheeling in the snow.  Hopefully we didn't scare him too much.

IMG_4157.JPG

IMG_4160.JPG

Ron didn't feel like staying on the road either.

IMG_4175.JPG

IMG_4193.JPG

More pics here.

Willy

At least the Wrangler's are helping each other........ it also appears the Rubicon was trying to avoid scratching the paint...... LOL.... all kidding aside I love the pics.... the wheeling on that side of the country looks awesome, the scenery is amazing.... very jealous....

• 2 weeks later...

While I had the axle out I also took the opportunity to fix a nagging issue.  Because of the way I have the rear shocks mounts the bolt that holds the lower passenger end of the shock to the axle would continually work its way loose as the suspension compressed.  Jason had the great idea to install a left hand threaded bolt.  Now when the suspension compresses it will tighten instead of loosen the bolt.

I cut off the old nut and added a left hand threaded nut.

Unfortunately left hand threaded bolts with the shoulder I was looking for are not readily available.  So I had to make my own, plus a spare just in case.

Next up is to have the ARB installed.

Willy

• 4 weeks later...

How do you like the ARB vs the ECTED? I've been thinking about a locker at some point and I really liked the idea of having a limited slip for daily driving, especially in rain or light snow. The traction with my 8.8 trac-lok is awesome in that stuff

How do you like the ARB vs the ECTED? I've been thinking about a locker at some point and I really liked the idea of having a limited slip for daily driving, especially in rain or light snow. The traction with my 8.8 trac-lok is awesome in that stuff

The ECTED is exactly where it belongs - in a box on the garage floor.  I haven't even used the ARB and it is already infinitely better than the ECTED.  The only thing that could be considered a pro for the ECTED is that it is a limited slip when unlocked.  There are so many cons that I would never recommend the ECTED.  It is not a true locker.  When "locked" it clamps the clutch packs together.  There is nothing that mechanically locks it together.  When the clutch packs wear our it no longer "locks".  Auburn does not sell parts for it, so when your clutch packs wear out you can't just replace them.  I replaced an ECTED I was running in the front with an ARB a couple of years ago and couldn't be happier.  It is not for those who want a real locker.

Willy

I agree with Willy if you want a selectable  locker go with an ARB.  They work when you need them to work and are hassle free the rest of the time.  I run two ARB's in my YJ and just paid the money for two new ones to go into the Comanche that I am building.  If someone will pay that kind of money twice there must be something to them.  I was thinking of going with the E-Locker until I read the warranty which says, if you run larger than stock tires it voids the warranty.  I don't know what the warranty on the ECTED is but I would read it closely.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

These have only been sitting on the shelf for almost two years.  Finally got around to installing them.  They are Rigid Dually flood lights.  I think the darkness will be banished from the front of the Jeep between these and the Truck Lites.

Willy

Cool dude I was wondering if you were ever going to get those installed. How do they work, I know you tried them once it got dark?

See you Saturday.

Ron

I've only turned them on in the garage.  We'll see how they do when we get out in the dark.

Willy