abundance of MJ's, how many do you see a day?

Down here in my part of hte country there seems to be an abundance of comanche's here recenty. When i first got mine 6 years ago, i never saw hardly any, maybe 1 every couple months. two years ago i finally brought my truck up to school with me so i could work on it a little more (now my second jeep). Well before that i never hardly saw any up here either. Now i see about 3 a week. One or two will be the same ones, with a new one here and there.

Today on my way home from class, I was following a 91 or 92 Pioneer Short bed and low and behold a sport truck passed us going in the other direction.

A couple weeks ago, i was coming home from work and saw a lifted mj identical to mine except it had a camper shell, pull out a couple blocks ahead of me, couldnt catch up (dang red lights), then going through the next intersection another identical mj to mine went by except it was stock. I think the guy was in shock after seeing two identical mj's go by, cause he about wrecked from rubber necking.

well just a couple of mj stories that i thought i would share.

I saw 2 on the way home today. One in good condition, the other was most certainly on life support. Poor truck. As with most MJ owners, I have that 6th sense and can practically feel them before I see 'em. :D

Jeep on!

--Pete

I happened to see one real MJ in my entire life where I'm living (Belgium, Europe). Travelling to Sweden this year I saw another one. That makes for two in about 25 years ... Until I bought one ofcourse. Now I see an MJ every day. 8)

Wow, 3 total MJs?! That's gotta be rough. Heck, I've had that many at my house! But I would much rather own my 88 and not see any others, than see 1000 every day and not have one of my own. :D

Jeep on!

--Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I own half of the ones that live near me. One is a clone of my 89, blue sportuck with 4.0/ax-15/np231 - he was selling it for about 3grand. The other belongs to the father of a girl I know, it's an 88 I think, teal. And there was one in one of the junkyards. So, that makes 5, but the one in the jyard is gone now.

I like the whole unique thing; if I get my 89 back together...

Ooooh, and I actually followed one through town once! Yeah, the whole 3 minute drive. It was a POS, with a camper and a bald fart driving. It made me angry and sad at the same time.

I usually see one or two a day depending on how much I am about town.

There is one here with a Tommy Lift on it. It belongs to the former owner of our Sears Home store, and it used to have Sears decals on it.

I'm like Pete, I can 'see' a Comanche coming from blocks away. I was sitting at a stop light, and straight across the intersection is a kid in a longbed 2wd that needs some attention. It had rear-ended something, and the body had various dings and dents in it. But the paint was absolutely in great shape compared to Spot(my MJ).

When the left arrow turns, the other MJ and I both make our respective lefts, all the while checking out the others truck. We both almost rear end vehicles trying to look at each other rather than driving.

There's quite a few in my area (well, compared to most places).

Our local Jeep dealer is pretty aggressive, so they sold a bunch...strangely a lot of 2wd's, which is weird with the snow we get sometimes.

There's also a guy's house I drive by every day who has three of 'em... two are lifted and pretty thrashed out, one looks stock and nice.

I once had a lady say to me in a parking lot..."nice Jeep", then point back to where hers was parked. She had a red Sportruck like mine, only 2wd. I wasn't thinking, or I would have tried to buy it. It had the 4.0...

• 2 weeks later...

Here in Erie, I see about 2 or 3 a week. I have had 3 total myself, but this new one is going places. I have big plans. And I agree that a modified MJ is going to get more attention than a modified XJ. I was going to wheel my XJ till I got the MJ, needless to say plans have changed. :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm lucky if I see ONE in three months. All the old Classic Jeeps get shipped out of town as soon as they are no longer the current fad. This town is Yupie Central, I saw dozens of KJs, WKs, and H3s here as taxis before most of the rest of the country even saw a normal one.

I bet I only ever saw one or two until I got mine. And for last ten months or so on my way to Tech School I saw two everyday. About a month or two ago I walked outside my house and bam a blue longbed worktruck is sitting right across the street, and then I spotted a grey longbed on the outskirts of town, take into account town has maybe 2000 people. But, I do get the felling now where I know I'm gonna see one. I did see one in Altoona a few weeks ago, his front wheel fell off, I woulda stopped but I was'nt driving.

Down here i know atleast there 1 more that is run around as a daily Driver but have only seen 2 different 1s so far.....but even though the red 1 was set up nice, still stock but some details here and there i still have the most unique with the paint job and all....back home about 2-3 popped up after i began driving mine but i see 1 here and there 8)

I see a red longbed in the mornings headed in the opposite direction, I'd see it every morning if I left for work consistantly. Small town I commute to has a silver short bed frequently kept across the street from work, also a red longbed a kid who just graduated highschool drives and a black or dark colored one I see at the highschool parking lot occasionaly. I know of a couple within a mile of home, and I've seen as many as five different MJ's in one day driving around the Salt Lake Valley. I know where some friends live in an apartment complex, in the parking lot there is a white long bed sporting a 44 in the rear thats been there the last couple years.

I know of at least 8 in the genral around me. A grey shortbed 4x4 with a mild lift, a grey shortbed, a white shortbed 4x4 with a mild lift and hideous gold flairs, a cream colored 4x4, a red 4x4 shortbed that someone who works for the town owns, a red short bed 4x4 with a plow on it, a red shortbed that a guy uses in his landscaping business, and mine. I saw another white one on a back road in a neighboring town, we nearling both crashed staring at one anothers trucks. I only remember seeing a single one before I got mine, and it was the one that is currently mine.

• 2 weeks later...