just wanted to say howdy,and show my mj off

i bought it 2 years ago,pulled it out of the weeds,it's a 88,lwb,give 200.00 for it thought i might could sell it for parts,well a wash job, new fuel pump,and hot battery,fired right up so,i decided to make a trail rig here is a before and after,the after is a bit blurry by the way,it's a 4.0 4 speed,with 488's with lockers front and rear,3inch lift on 36's i cut 27 inches off the bed and deskinned it what ya'll think

ah well, we all make mistakes. do it again we'll burn you on one. :brows:

nah man, its your truck, at least you saved it from the weeds! :cheers: beer's in the fridge and i think the newcomer advice is usually don't sit on the tan bench seat in the corner... but i'm not sure

Let's ban him!!!!

Dude, seriously, if you want to hear a bunch of grown men cry, post a better, and bigger, pic of the "before" truck.

Truly a shame you didn't know what a find you had. After getting it running you could have sold it for $1-2k easy assuming your description is correct, and used the money to buy an already beat down trail rig.

Hey, 99NCXJ has a clean BLUE PIONEER bed sitting in NC for $100(?). We can save you we can save you!! :laughin:

By the way, where are you from? Please don't tell me your from Wisconsin Mr. "I found this cherry sitting in the weeds for $200".

Wahoo, I'm starting to sense that you wished you lived here...

Or that you hate us.

Either way, I hope he's not from WI...cause if Pat gets ahold of him who know what could happen.

...I'd buy it for $20?

in all seriousness, it's a great truck..but i honestly don't understand why the heck it had to be cut that far...

Geo, nope, no desire to live there. Love my Shenandoah Valley Blue Ridge Mountains too much. And yet I can be at the beach in 3 hours too :brows: But I did "date" a little cutie from Madison, WI that I met when I was working on cruise ships years ago.

I'm sure you were only kidding when you questioned if I hate you guys for all the crazy deals that seem to fall in your laps, but for the record I definitely don't hate you guys :D A lot of you make up the "core" group here on the club. I just love bustin' bawlz on all of you, especially cuz you all just roll with it :cheers:

Holy cow, guys. :roll: The steel is cut, there's no need to keep crying over spilled milk. It's his truck that he rescued from oblivion and decided to make a bad-azz trail rig out of it instead of keeping it a stocker.

I would like to see some better "after" pics though. :brows:

thanks ya'll for ALL the opinions,nope i sold tail lights for 20 bucks,tail gate for 100 and rear bumper for 50,almost made my money back,will have more pictures this weekend,i have to upload the other one,and got to get it ready for paint,before and after pics will be postedby the way get your tissues ready its got 98352 original miles on it,the owner bought it new drove it around town,and then got bed fast,and his son moved it behind the shed and it got grew up around it,we was loggin the land that joined them and i finally stopped and ask about it,and bought it that day,by the way i live in north west georgia close to al & tn line :wrench:

thanks ya'll for ALL the opinions,nope i sold tail lights for 20 bucks,tail gate for 100 and rear bumper for 50,almost made my money back,will have more pictures this weekend,i have to upload the other one,and got to get it ready for paint,before and after pics will be postedby the way get your tissues ready its got 98352 original miles on it,the owner bought it new drove it around town,and then got bed fast,and his son moved it behind the shed and it got grew up around it,we was loggin the land that joined them and i finally stopped and ask about it,and bought it that day,by the way i live in north west georgia close to al & tn line :wrench:

DON'T WORRY GUYS! ME AND HORNBROD've GOT HIM!

:brows:

in all seriousness though, there's some sick wheeling not far from us, tellico, NC is about 2ish hours from atlanta and morris mountain offroad is out near hefflin, AL.

both sick spots. my truck should be lifted/tired soon.

• 4 weeks later...

well,bad news,shes sick,first ride out,went thru big mud hole,and started then,so checked it out,fuel filter,fuel regulator and pump was shot,got that fixed,now knocking like hell,all that time and money sounds like from the top end,changed oil added lucus no help put 80/90 in it and quietened it down but smokes like a tar hill now,i guess i will be replacing the motor,any quick fixes besides ,a new motor???i didn't think so, but i just wanted to share the death of a cheap mj :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bummer. :( But not that uncommon. My 88 overheated on our first trip out and the 90 blew the clutch line on the way home. Stuff happens with old trucks. :(

You might want to post the questions in the tech section. More eyes will see it. :D