Badlands '08 Friday, July 18th to Sunday, July 20th

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My oldest daughter is plotting against me. She's borrowing almost all my camping equipment for Wednesday and Thursday night, to have it back some time Friday morning, when I will have to move it all from the Suburban to the MJ. So much for being packed and ready to go Thursday night and leaving early Friday morning.

Somehow I'm guessing I will not get there until like 7pm or so, instead of mid afternoon as I was planning.

Well sorry to say I will not be able to make it. BS!~ :mad:

My girls father has passed so the trip money has to go for her getting out to South Dakota. I'm very upset but that is life right.

Just !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

newly revised list:

IN

Me (89eliminator) MJ

Mvusse MJ

Jeepguy91 (from glxj) XJ

LiftedBlue2001WJ (from glxj)- I havent heard from him in awhile so this guy might back out as well...

Lead Not Follow XJ

Pete M MJ 1% chance of going

92XJT (from glxj) XJ

woodywagon (from glxj) XJ

rjontzen MJ

luke (from glxj) XJ

I'm 90% sure that you can scratch my name from the list. I'm still tryin', but the last couple years of sitting have caused more issues than I had planned on. :(

But I'm still pluggin' away at it. :D

I think 95% of the guys (and gals) who are planning on showing up are on GLXJ as well, but I'll post this here just for reference to those who may not be.

JUST A REMINDER ABOUT MEETING TIMES!!!

We are planning on meeting at the normal meeting area at 10:00 AM (Indiana Time). This is located at the parking lot across from the pond at the BOTTOM of the hill once you enter the park.

We are planning on doing things a little different this time as inevitably we always seem to be waiting on someone to show up. Some members drive several hours to be here and are on time; others run into delays getting here. We understand that so were going to give a window. We will meet at 10:00 AM SHARP the 1st time. We will leave to go play for a few hours hitting the rock quarry, sand dunes, etc. for the 1st few hours of the day. If you are late you can find us in the rock quarry.

We will than meet up again at the normal spot (parking lot across the pond at the bottom of the hill) at 1:00 PM SHARP for a guided trail ride. If you want to do lunch please do this PRIOR to meeting up at 1:00; we will not be stopping on the trails to break for lunch. We will than finish out the day hitting several trails. For those of you who have not wheeled with us before this is the highlight of the day. So be on time so we don't leave you behind!

We run channel 12 on the CB's if you have one and are trying to find us.

See you this weekend! :D

Well have fun and good luck with no carnage this weekend. Sorry can't make it out this time. Really wanted to be there. Well do not forget lots of pics. And everyone make sure 89eliminator hits the pink trail first, he said he be able to handle it and that it was a trail for girls with purple jeeps :D

Well have fun and good luck with no carnage this weekend. Sorry can't make it out this time. Really wanted to be there. Well do not forget lots of pics. And everyone make sure 89eliminator hits the pink trail first, he said he be able to handle it and that it was a trail for girls with purple jeeps :D

now when did i say that? 8)

don't worry, pics will be up on sunday

Don't worry, when I get back from Georgia we're going to have a big MJ bonfire at my house. Gonna push my truck out of the garage and set it ablaze. 8)

Not. But it still hurts to see what a great time y'all had. :(

Don't worry, when I get back from Georgia we're going to have a big MJ bonfire at my house. Gonna push my truck out of the garage and set it ablaze. 8)

Not. But it still hurts to see what a great time y'all had. :(

I'd come watch that.

But damn I wish I could of been there. Looks like you all had a great time.

Damage? Wade, a flattened exhaust tip can not be considered damage compared to what some other people came away with.

I also like the creativity of some people I won't mention, like happening to have a can of flat black spray paint with you to cover up a rub mark on the wife's ride so she won't find out :D

Anyway, I found out my daughter doesn't like to be in a vehicle that's not horizontal, so for most of the ride she was either telling me not to go there, or chickened out and walked up whenever we got to a hill. Toward the very end she did stay in, mostly because I parked beside a tree at the bottom :D and didn't pull away until the hill was clear.

As one GLXJ member mentioned, I should have brought a padlock for her seat belt.

She did say she enjoyed it, and supposedly wants to come again next year if her big sis can't make it.

Tires surprised me. Not only my own, which did a LOT better than i had even hoped: 235/75 snow tires aired down to 20 psi, but also a set of 31" AT radials on a 2 door XJ, that made some pretty tough stuff simply look easy. I also found out TSL Boggers are not the best choice for that property, although they did paint that particular XJ brown in no time flat when he found some mud.

I will definitely be back next year, hopefully having the overheating issue fixed with an aux fan, and a 3" lift that I think will make that orange trail a little easier.

And the drop off out of the pipes was a lot higher than the pics on the site, as well as Youtube videos show. Then again, according to the trail leader, even as recently as January is was not nearly as high.

Damage? Wade, a flattened exhaust tip can not be considered damage compared to what some other people came away with.

I also like the creativity of some people I won't mention, like happening to have a can of flat black spray paint with you to cover up a rub mark on the wife's ride so she won't find out :D

more than just that. after a wash off, i found a dent in the corner of the box caused by the exhaust hitting it. plus my bumper is all different shapes too.

AHHHH... That explains those pics. I was wonder why the hell someone would be painting their rig in the middle of a wheelin' weekend. I was thinking that he should not be out there if he is that anal about his rig :laughin:

AHHHH... That explains those pics. I was wonder why the hell someone would be painting their rig in the middle of a wheelin' weekend. I was thinking that he should not be out there if he is that anal about his rig :laughin:

She was back at camp with our 3 month old and everyone thought they needed to take pics of it so they could tell on me since I was wheeling her rig. Great friends I have....

Just don't' show her this pic, as I told her I'd take it "easy" on her rig. :brows: This is where the scratch happened.

img_0918.jpg

Unfortunately that was the least of the damage, a trashed rear bumper, and 2 smashed rockers wasn't as easily covered up as the scratch mark was.

img_0170.jpg

Oh well, I had fun showing everyone up in my wife's rig :D. I think I was more pissed about the damage than she was...

Rocker guards, rocker guards, rocker guards...

Although even I manage to damage mine before the guards went in. :roll:

Yeah well I had a set I was going to put on prior but was just way to busy this past week. Planned on not needing them, but when the drop off out of the tubes was deaper than it's been in years (almost like they dug it out) it's kinda to late once your already half way out...

Wish we could have made it, looks like everyone had a great time :cheers: but this was just to good to pass up :D

Danica Patrick and fast cars :cheers:

2938737980066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

2362382140066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

The wifes Co. team car. Wish I could have taken it for a spin :D

2295767170066042486S600x600Q85.jpg