Badlands '08 Friday, July 18th to Sunday, July 20th

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took Friday off, so we can leave in the morning. 6 or 7 hour drive, depending on if I am in a hurry to get there, or take it easy and save some gas. Add at least an hour for food and leg stretchers (traveling with an 11 year old leaves me no choice on that) and we will probably arrive mid to late afternoon.

I took Friday off, so we can leave in the morning. 6 or 7 hour drive, depending on if I am in a hurry to get there, or take it easy and save some gas. Add at least an hour for food and leg stretchers (traveling with an 11 year old leaves me no choice on that) and we will probably arrive mid to late afternoon.

So i guess that means you are going for sure, if you took off work 3 months in advance 8)

Yes, I'm going for sure, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Boss doesn't really like it when I come in Friday and say "I'm going to Florida for a week."

Boss: "When are you leaving?"

Me: "in 8 hours"

Boss: "Anything I can do to stop you?"

Me; "Probably not."

Boss: "Well, have fun then."

I have done that before, and have enough seniority (and irreplaceable skills) to pull it off. But doing it too often will probably cost me raises.

So instead I ask him 5 months ahead of time, and get the reply "and I'm supposed to remember that?".

So I put it on the calendar when he's watching so if he forgets I can show it to him.

I think I put August 6 and 7 on the calendar more than 12 months in advance...

But: I have noticed my fuel pump, which is barely audible when I first start the truck, gets really loud after 15 minutes or so of driving. May have something to do with the fact that I never have more than 3 gallons of gas in the tank due to it leaking out if I do. (Do have a replacement tank coming, though). This makes me think it might be about to go, so unless it goes out and I replace it before the trip, I might be trailering just in case.

And yes, everybody has already been telling me to trailer it, before the fuel pump was brought up.

there is sooooo much time between know and then that anything could happen (good or bad). The only was to get a real head count is about 1-2 days before the event. Trust me, the last 2 trips, people would say they are going 100% positive, then would back out at the last minute. It always seems like there is going to be a big turnout of MJ's, 7-8, then there ends up being only 3-4 (like the last 2 times)

I can't GO CAUSE I LIVE TO FAR AWAY! BUT I HAVE TO CHECK EVERY NEW POST ON THIS SITE REGAURDLESS OF IF IT APPLIES TO ME OR NOT! I HAVE ADD OR SOMETHING AND HAVE TO!

JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I HAVE READ 9 PAGES OF STUFF AND IT HAS NEVER ONCE BEEN SOMETHING THAT I COULD GO TO!

:grrrr:

I can't GO CAUSE I LIVE TO FAR AWAY! BUT I HAVE TO CHECK EVERY NEW POST ON THIS SITE REGAURDLESS OF IF IT APPLIES TO ME OR NOT! I HAVE ADD OR SOMETHING AND HAVE TO!

JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I HAVE READ 9 PAGES OF STUFF AND IT HAS NEVER ONCE BEEN SOMETHING THAT I COULD GO TO!

:grrrr:

:shake:

(900th post jamminz.gif )

At the price of gas today it's going to be a lot more (be) then (may) :cry: if the price is the same or more by that time :nuts:

yeah, that is whats going to kill me. my truck is towed by a diesel, and thats over $4.00 a gallon :headpop:

Suck it up kids. I'm riding my bike the 3.5 miles to work everyday to save the gas money for the trip.

At the price of gas today it's going to be a lot more (be) then (may) :cry: if the price is the same or more by that time :nuts:

yeah, that is whats going to kill me. my truck is towed by a diesel, and thats over $4.00 a gallon :headpop:

Yeah, that might kill me. If I'm towing, it'll be with a gasoline engine. Probably get about 10 mpg towing my Jeep.

IN

Me (89eliminator)

Jeepcomj

Beaterjeep

Mvusse

Mini Beast

JeepXJman93 (from greatlakesxj)

Jeepguy91 (from greatlakesxj)

threeEs99 (from greatlakesxj)

MAYBE

Lead Not Follow

Pete M

TNT

CEThomas

92comanche4x4

Geonovast

Chicofuentes0224

aci4369 (from greatlakesxj)

firehawk (from greatlakesxj)

There are trails that a stocker should be able to traverse, just watch those rockers.

Oh, and if I am able to come along, I'd be willing to bring my set of 29x10.5 super swampers for anyone that would like to run them. :D

There are trails that a stocker should be able to traverse, just watch those rockers.

Oh, and if I am able to come along, I'd be willing to bring my set of 29x10.5 super swampers for anyone that would like to run them. :D

Would those work on my XJ with my lift? :D