Badlands '08 Friday, July 18th to Sunday, July 20th

If things go as planned I should be running on Wintermark 235/75R15s with about 500 miles on them.

400 of those would be getting to Attica.

Maybe at some point in the future I'll get a second set of rims so I can have all season radials for on the road, and a set of play tires just for playing.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN

Me (89eliminator)

Jeepcomj

Beaterjeep

Mvusse

Mini Beast

JeepXJman93 (from greatlakesxj)

JeepXJman93's buddy Ryan

Jeepguy91 (from glxj)

threeEs99 (from glxj)

LiftedBlue2001WJ (from glxj)

MAYBE

Lead Not Follow

Pete M

TNT

CEThomas

92comanche4x4

Geonovast

Chicofuentes0224

aci4369 (from glxj)

firehawk (from glxj)

:P

i only need to get the new mj running right, swap it to 4wd, lift it to 6.5" lift, and buy TNT's old 33" tires so i've got wheels. oh, and get the rat smell out of the inside of it... :roll:

I'm excited :D

I still need to get tires, front tow hooks, CB installed and ds seat brackets installed.

Ground clearance and departure angle are going to hold me back some, though: no lift, 21 years of sag on a lwb.

With a bit of luck I should be running 5.5" or so of lift if we do this again next year.

I still need to get tires, front tow hooks, CB installed and ds seat brackets installed.

Ground clearance and departure angle are going to hold me back some, though: no lift, 21 years of sag on a lwb.

With a bit of luck I should be running 5.5" or so of lift WHEN we do this again next year.

there, i fixed it for ya. :D

IN

Me (89eliminator)

Jeepcomj

MOJOMJ either driving or spotting

Beaterjeep

Mvusse

Mini Beast

JeepXJman93's buddy Ryan

Jeepguy91 (from glxj)

threeEs99 (from glxj)

Lead Not Follow

MAYBE

Pete M

TNT

CEThomas

92comanche4x4

Geonovast

Chicofuentes0224

aci4369 (from glxj)

firehawk (from glxj)

92XJT (from glxj)

IN

Me (89eliminator)

Jeepcomj

MOJOMJ either driving or spotting

Beaterjeep

Mvusse

Mini Beast

JeepXJman93's buddy Ryan

Jeepguy91 (from glxj)

threeEs99 (from glxj)

Lead Not Follow

MAYBE

Pete M

TNT

CEThomas

92comanche4x4

Geonovast

Chicofuentes0224

aci4369 (from glxj)

firehawk (from glxj)

92XJT (from glxj)

alright. in light of this, can everyone start PM-ing me your phone numbers and such? I'll make a list and send it to all of you...i'd like to get all of the Maybes in the list as well.

89eliminator will come up with a meetup point and time since he's been there before and I haven't.

CB channel 16.

where is everyone gonna camp? We will be at the badlands campground along the wood fence line. Any WI'ers I'm sure are leaving together which will hopefully be at noon on friday.

official meet times are 10 AM SHARP! at the bottom of the hill where the pond and parking lot are for both saturday and sunday.

i hope to see EVERYONE there :D (fingers are crossed for nobody backing out :roll: )

official meet point is same as everytime. bottom of hill where the parking lot is at 10 AM SHARP!!! :D

remember, 10am sharp means that we are not waiting around 3 hours for you to get there...5 hours drive time and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on gas means no wasted time and as much fun as possible crammed into one weekend :D

meet 10am sharp at that location on saturday the 19th, we don't want to wait too long.

I will be camping at Badlands both Friday night and Saturday night. As for where? No clue, I've never been there.

But my truck has not been running worth a crap this past week with the summer heat. Thinking fuel pump and have a new one coming, but if that doesn't solve it I may need more time than I have to solve that one. Even so, driver's seat should be mounted some time this week, CB radio should be in before the end of the weekend. Tires will be at the last moment, to have as much tread as possible.

Fuel pump has been replaced and it runs like a top again. Halfway through installing front tow hooks. I'm still on schedule to make it.

Chico, what changed your mind? Same problems still?

Oh, I fired my pizza guy due to drug and alchohol problems and considering the fact I'm the only one who knows how to do it in the shop with no applicants in sight that are worth a rat's rear end and closing the shop our three busiest days of the week is not an option I decided to take myself off the maybe list. Who knows, maybe the border patrol in AZ will fall asleep and let one slip thru between now and July :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Seriously though, the good news is I'm saving a crap load on payroll that would have gone to new tires and a lift. However it's getting spent now on silly stuff, such as rear brakes, parking brake cables and those two bars up front I think they call tie rods or draglinks :rotfl2:

Couple more parts and I'll have a brand new truck soon :D

If however I by some miracle hire someone new and train them in time I'll see you guys there. Hey, if not, have a great time for me :thumbsup:

And don't forget to take some good pictures :D

Anyone going wheeling for multiple days? That's a lot of driving for a single day of dirt.

I'm off through monday the 21st so I think I'm wheeling all day sunday...

guessing that beaterjeep can as well, anyone else who'd want to wheel multiple days would be appreciated.