What stickers were on your car in the late 80"s-early 90's?

Htchevyii

The '89 XJ is in the reassembly stages after paint and I'm, thinking about adding a few period correct decals to the back window. I graduated from high school in '93 and here's the ones that I can remember from the high school parking lot.

z9885.png

z3557.png

z9554.png

z9844.png

My Comanche didn't have any stickers in the glass, but my Eagle did and my parents old 59 Chevy did (I'd assume that the stickers were added in the 80s). The Eagle had a sticker of a face with a mustache and a sombrero and said Chico above it. Kinda weird.

540558794_Screenshot2024-04-02153033.png.4d8280a45aa351f0ba5145ee776ce0dd.png

The 59 had one in the triangle window right behind the rear doors that said Car Crazy.

38 minutes ago, Htchevyii said:

Oh, I kinda like Chico! 

It was weird, but definitely kinda cool. It probably would've stuck around if it weren't falling off.

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

The top two were already on Chunk. The last one is very 80's and threw it on and of course, you have to put the jeep Olympic team sticker and some AMC Jeep stickers. Oh and the 50th anniversary of Jeep sticker as well.

15 hours ago, schardein said:

Starting in January of '89, my ride sported this.

108007.webp

My dad has had one of those for as long as I can remember. My 69 Nova tha I got from him still has it on the back window.

Thank you for your service!

It would be really cool to find period correct stickers of places that you guys have been on some of your camping trips, but finding some of those might be difficult. 

1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

It would be really cool to find period correct stickers of places that you guys have been on some of your camping trips, but finding some of those might be difficult. 

That's a great idea!

2 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

ebay and etsy probably have something :D 

I have this one on my 89 XJ.   They were very popular from about the mid 80s and well into the 90s.  It's a Provincial tourism slogan that is still used on our licence plates.  

I was surprised to find a new one at a flea market about 5 years ago and I knew right away where I would put it.   

21-07-21 5.JPG

I don’t know if you were able to get this station up in your area but it was big down here. 

“The KOME spot on your radio”

”Don’t touch that dial, there’s KOME on it”

IMG_3663.jpeg

5 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

I don’t know if if you you were able to get this station up in your area but it was big down here. 

“The KOME spot on your radio”

”Don’t touch that dial, there’s KOME on it”

IMG_3663.jpeg

That reminds me of this sticker my grand parents have had on their freezer for years!

DE20073D-FAE5-4598-ADC9-0BE4768FD048.jpeg

Was the only and best oldies station out here! Now it’s not even what it used to be. Something more for my parents generation to listen to. I think they call it Big or something dumb. 

• 4 weeks later...