Old and New

Backpacker

Parked beside a gladiator today while getting a spare ignition key cut (surprisingly difficult as most places have employees that have never seen a key without a plastic fob before :doh:), and realized the size difference was even more than I initially realized! Anyone else have fun pictures of their old jeep trucks beside new ones? 

IMG_20231101_204338_306.jpg

• Backpacker changed the title to Old and New

Here’s the real question though, Do you guys wave at them when crossing paths? The “Jeep wave”? Most people that drive these seem to be unaware that the new “Gladiator” isn’t the first truck Jeep produced.

In my experience, Jeeps with round headlights do not wave back (the newer the more true it is) at an MJ and I have stopped even trying. Most people that drive XJs are oblivious as well. Unless it’s fairly modified of course. 
Side note: I am glad the “Gladiators” are fairly popular now, so we can beat on them in 15-20 years when they become affordable to us commoners. I call a Diesel one! 

This is how we are seeing “Gladiators” in the Seattle area too BTW. 

B211358A-F7BD-46B2-A4EB-80E1D0E4B349.png.7a5d453d261980369c390e11dcfde69b.png8B60658A-779B-4E98-85F3-1892BC59023A.png.fc757bae66adc7315f240b4d5cb58bea.png

I'm not parking next to either of these, even if just for a picture. 

I've found most people driving XJs love the MJ and we give each other thumbs up.  There is also a local CJ5 driver that has geeked out on my MJ.  Not too many waves, not really any love from the new Jeep crowd.  There is another local MJ, we have yet to meet up.