Project LONG ARMED Manche, Now bed chopped

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

Flat metal caps at the end of the bed look WAY better than I would've guessed they would.

Definatly add's an early J-truck look to it. :cheers:

Are you gonna brace the inside & put the tailgate back on?

FWIW, this would look GREAT with a cut down J-truck tailgate (not that you could find one).

Nice work. image_209027.gif

Done for the night, tomorrow I'll get the temporary shackles working and start putting all the $#!& back together. The thing was designed to be as short as possible while still being able to fit a 40 nicely.

And for fun

Before

After

Just long enough for a quad right?...Thanks for the Idea... :cheers:

Could always make a beavertail ramp for the tailgate. :D

Could do even more with that idea, if you wanted to invest the design time (like hinge beavertail in the middle, to use as bed extension when needed).

ok so I'm wonder how difficult is it to change over the front header panel form an 88 mj to a 2000 Cherokee,

its not that I'm not shure if i can do because I'm very capable of it but I'm not shure how it exactly goes together,

i want to do that sawp on my mj and put some hannmenns 6 inch fiberglass fenders on it and do a small lift, 3 inches and build some long arms for it, can you send me the plans or demention for your long arm , radius arms you fabed up? it would be much appresiated

So I moved the shackle mount to under the bumper to obtain the ultimate shackle angle, once I get the new shocks the droop will be even better :headbang: Basically it's perfect right now. Built my shackles which are just about 6" long so got a good length. Still undecided what I want to put inbetween the shackles for steel, might just leave the middle open. Also added in a fuel cell.