Project LONG ARMED Manche, Now bed chopped

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you do when you have to work on the tranny with this set-up/Clayton's?

Just unbolt the center section. Tranny comes out, and you don't have to worry about your control arm mounts

Ryan

I think i finished the bumper today. here's some pics, not sure whether or not i should put the shackle mounts on it or not, undecided cause it's really clean looking right now. tell me what you think.

it's made of 2 x 6 x 3/16

BEFORE

AFTER

Obligatory building shots

• 3 months later...

Not sure where I left off with this but since then I've locked the rear end, added hand throttle. That's it. More trimming.

Now I installed OBA and must say it's one of the best mods yet.

Things left to do, order a saftey valve for 150psi and thread it in the manifold in place of the plug.

What I did/needed

• [*:2he6j06a]Sanden Compressor
    [*:2he6j06a]Used a tool lubricator to lubricate the compressor
    [*:2he6j06a]Air Filter
    [*:2he6j06a]Pressure switch ~ $22 turns on at 90, off 125
    [*:2he6j06a]Gauge
    [*:2he6j06a]Fittings
    [*:2he6j06a]Bumper

I ran the line all the way to the back bumper and have a quick connect in and out of the bumper for ease. Works great and that bumper holds a lot of air! I can run the impact gun with ease with the bumper. Not really much else to say but I like it a lot. Feel free to ask questions. With everything I think it cost a little under $100 with some freebies.

I predict a blow out in the near future of the blue hose between the compressor and tank. It gets very hot right out of the compressor and with those pressures you're much better off with a hard copper line or braided steel.

I predict a blow out in the near future of the blue hose between the compressor and tank. It gets very hot right out of the compressor and with those pressures you're much better off with a hard copper line or braided steel.
yeahthat.gif

we've had many lines blow running a similar setup but with about 2 feet of copper hard pipe before the hose...blew the hose after a while, then repaired and blew out like 5 minutes later.

i suggest running higher temp lines, whether they be braided or pipe until you get out from under the hood to let things cool down some.

cool setup though, i like the quick disconnects there.

• 9 months later...

Built diff covers, locked the front too, blah blah blah, probably forgetting more stuff.

But finally got started on the bed chop :brows:

Basically the leafs are now flipped around leaving the short end of the leaf at the back which allows me to shorten the bed an extra 5". We also shortened the wheelbase 1" to take up the excess amount of yoke sticking out the t-case. Now it sits at 112". The front of the leaf was stuffed into the frame and the frame (which is scary to see just how thin of sheet metal they use) is plated with 1/8" plate on both sides. Now the fun begins to see just how short we can get it. Looks to be somewhere in the 18 = 20" range on total shortness jamminz.gif Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!