Boneyard Heartbreakers Thread (any vehicle)

Gojira94

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Classy Comanche said:

Poor thing. That thing looks so sad. Looks like it was a snow truck? My eyes immediately locked onto the pressure bottles, mirrors and front bumper

50 minutes ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

Yes indeed. Salt absolutely kills east coast trucks. :(

Here was the pictures of it when I first came by it, when I had seen it the second time someone had picked it up and moved it with a fork by the roof and bent it into that sad shape it was in 

22EBE380-B564-49D1-87D3-D0ECD772EBA0.jpeg

DF3CDADC-20EE-4154-9604-ABE066B398CD.jpeg

37A73233-5A66-4E6A-93D3-CF6857486DC3.jpeg

That back glass looks pretty good. I'm just thinking on it but I wonder if you could get that out with no cracks and definitely wonder if that old pressure bottle is any good or even the windshield wiper fluid container. Those seem like odd and end parts that could possibly come in handy. Besides that thing looks like it's just days before it gets turned into soup cans unfortunately...

2 hours ago, Classy Comanche said:

That back glass looks pretty good. I'm just thinking on it but I wonder if you could get that out with no cracks and definitely wonder if that old pressure bottle is any good or even the windshield wiper fluid container. Those seem like odd and end parts that could possibly come in handy. Besides that thing looks like it's just days before it gets turned into soup cans unfortunately...

Oh yeah, I don’t think this truck is with us anymore, she was picked pretty clean by the end of life, of to that great big Jeep farm in the sky 

1 hour ago, jpnjake said:

Oh yeah, I don’t think this truck is with us anymore, she was picked pretty clean by the end of life, of to that great big Jeep farm in the sky 

Last I checked, which was a few weeks ago it was still there. They usually hang onto things that are older or are generating money.

I think the pressure bottle got nabbed. And I had pulled the coil module duvis out and hid it and someone found and grabbed it. Darn lol

I grabbed the tps off the throttle body and that was about it.

6 hours ago, Classy Comanche said:

Poor thing. That thing looks so sad. Looks like it was a snow truck? My eyes immediately locked onto the pressure bottles, mirrors and front bumper

Seat was minty too. One tear. That was it.20221119_120607.jpg.71fc02aaf69745881be598fc8a2a5c49.jpg20221119_120616.jpg.3351301b95ab6d222ca731ef45c772cb.jpg

I also have the tailgate from it. Though.. its hardly even wall art its soo rough haha

20221029_102851.jpg.d2face16c0fffd78c81e624da5b718bc.jpg

That CJ was a well loved machine.  It had an onboard air system (I grabbed the small air tank), suspension lift, vintage Con-Ferr leaf spring shackles (which I couldn't get off), leaf spring u-bolt skid plates, heavy steel diff covers (which may have held low gears and locking diffs!), genuine KC lights, stainless accessories (hood latches, mirrors), what may have been a factory T18 transmission (all that was left was the shifter handle, which I got.  I think it was left by accident by whoever pulled the trans), and finally... a no longer available rear bumper/spare tire carrier combo that used to be marketed by 4wd Hardware.  It can be seen sitting on the ground behind the Jeep after I pulled it, which is no easy feat, because it ties into the rear leaf spring shackle mounts at the frame bolts.  I have the exact same thing on my CJ7.  They were around $800-$1000 new if I remember right.  Got it for $40.

EDIT- and sway bar disconnects, and very well done custom rocker guards/steps.  And the stock front bumper was perfectly straight- but welded to the frame.

I went back for the grill, and it was in worse shape than the pictures show.  I've got a couple wall hanger CJ grills anyway.

4wd hardware CJ spare tire bumper carrier $40.jpeg

IMG_0954.jpeg

Poison Spider.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

My latest adventure BFBA1A13-752C-47D6-9535-868BD3E7AE40.jpeg.254cd281cbd79342e1ed76f7e06a3251.jpeg

this was the third 4 runner here, no rust, eng and trans good and all 3 between 90k and 150k miles. One of them made it to the next life while I was there 

9B4DC7D4-2081-42D7-B63C-2E35AF10310D.jpeg.97a2ab9c76b05430e92210bb682ff5f2.jpeg

Cool old truck I saw there too 

Now I know these aren't everyone's cup of tea but apparently there were give or take 500 formulas made from what I've been told. And this one was thrown away20230311_122540.jpg.340d1859180bd0cd2c2c141948f17e4f.jpg

I actually found the old owner who owned this and he told me all about it. Sold it to a kid who knew nothing and junked it after having issues I guess.

Did you check the frames on those 4Runners? My neighbor has a 2000 V6 and the frame was swiss cheese and there was zero rust on the body itself.

He went down south and bought a clean frame and had the frame cleaned up and painted and swapped into his truck. Now the whole thing looks like brand new.

47 minutes ago, FrankTheDog said:

Did you check the frames on those 4Runners? My neighbor has a 2000 V6 and the frame was swiss cheese and there was zero rust on the body itself.

He went down south and bought a clean frame and had the frame cleaned up and painted and swapped into his truck. Now the whole thing looks like brand new.

The frame on this tan one was perfect, along with the body, the only problem was the front seats were ripped 

4 minutes ago, jpnjake said:

The frame on this tan one was perfect, along with the body, the only problem was the front seats were ripped 

Still has tags on it.  Was it for sale? 

• 2 weeks later...

Not in the junk yard, but might as well be. This guy has six or seven vehicles on his property only one of which seems to move. The poor Comanche has been sitting there with the driver's window down for at least 2 years. Out of state registration and at least five years out. I tried to buy it and gave him my card, but no dice yet.

PXL_20230413_210723010.jpg

On 4/13/2023 at 5:35 PM, Htchevyii said:

Not in the junk yard, but might as well be. This guy has six or seven vehicles on his property only one of which seems to move. The poor Comanche has been sitting there with the driver's window down for at least 2 years. Out of state registration and at least five years out. I tried to buy it and gave him my card, but no dice yet.

PXL_20230413_210723010.jpg

Look at those turbines just waiting to go on my truck.  Ahhh. Bumper, tailgate and bed look pretty good too