Top Posters In This Topic

i never knew you got her all muddy :eek:

when was this?

at lake geneva raceway last time it was opened

n69205416_31425361_543.jpg

sorry, not many action pics. a few of tater tho

n69205416_31098737_4560.jpg

subsequently, that was tater's last run too...:-/

the 3800 will get muddy soon enough, I'm gonna longarm it and 6.5" lift on 33's :D

anyways, white's not a bad color...

as far as a west coast thing, i havnt seen one go for over $2000 on craigslist here and that one had a lot less miles. i got mine for $500 with a newly rebuilt motor and 100,000 on the clock. that is one fine looking body though, wish mine looked that clean. :D

i picked up a rust free 90 4.0 shortbed MJ a couple months ago for $300 with a low compression motor...guy wanted a $800 and i told him no way b/c id have to replace the motor and rebuild the trans since both had over 350,000 on them...so we agreed on the price and i drove it home...should have kept it but a friend needed a new truck so i fixed it up and sold it to him for $1300...it all depends on if the guy is willing to negotiate..i have never paid asking price for a vehicle :D

Yeah I agree, white is one of the best colors you can have. it doesn't show dirt as bad as a dark color (unless you wheel with Jeepco ;) ) it stays cooler, looks good when everything is blacked out (windows, black trim) you can wax it without worrying with swirl marks, lots of benefits to having white paint..

Yeah I agree, white is one of the best colors you can have. it doesn't show dirt as bad as a dark color (unless you wheel with Jeepco ;) ) it stays cooler, looks good when everything is blacked out (windows, black trim) you can wax it without worrying with swirl marks, lots of benefits to having white paint..

black on white man, black on white. I love my colors...black int. white ext. all black trim/accessories. just one clean machine, and yes, low maintenance body-wise.

:agree: WHITE RULES!!!! :D

pink is where it's at.

hey man, the plan for me is to sandblast and engine paint every drivetrain component as it gets replaced.. random fluorescent colors until i have like neon green ax15, pink 242, cat yellow axle, just craziness. i think that would be interesting.

pink is where it's at.

hey man, the plan for me is to sandblast and engine paint every drivetrain component as it gets replaced.. random fluorescent colors until i have like neon green ax15, pink 242, cat yellow axle, just craziness. i think that would be interesting.

there is a 3 letter word to describe such tomfoolery.

hint;

first letter; G

last letter; Y

middle is not a U

:eek:

I just bought a real clean 90 MJ SWB with a 4cyl/4spd. II got it way cheaper then what you are about to pay. Key is.. to look underneath, epecially at the brake lines by the fuel filter. This is where they tend to rust in 2. Also look in and around the wheel wells and cab corners...

The main problem with the left coast rides are the interior.. the sun is real rough on it. On the right coast it is rust.

FWIW, I bought an 88 4.0 a few months ago with 211k on it and other than a rough idle, it runs incredible.

Obviously ask a ton of questions as soon as you get there and try to figure out if he's in a hurry to sell it etc., try to get him to do all the talking early on so you can get a read on him. It also helps you keep yourself from :drool: all over yourself if your first impression is "this thing is sweet, i gotta have it!" I think I'm a good negotiator/salesman, but when I get too emotional (read: excited!) about a purchase, like most people, the only person I'm negotiating or selling is myself, and it's always up! Ha!

But w/over 200k on it, I think it's no question that's your greatest bargaining chip, regardless of how clean it is. That and cash money! I mean, the mileage should get you to $2k right off the bat, IMO. So, if it were me, I'd show up with $1500 hiding in my pocket, start at $1200, he'll counter in low $2's, I'd come back at $1500, he says he's gotta get at least $2k for it, then I'd pull the cash out and tell him the most I wanted to spend was the $1500 but if he'll take $1700 I'll go to the bank and get the rest right now. He stares at the ground and says something like "I don't know, I just put it up for sale, I really think it's worth at least $2k", all the while he's either staring at his feet or the cash in my hand knowing he can't turn down the green and I know I'm just about to get a sweet a$$ MJ for under $2k. That's how it always works, right? Seriously though, his body language and tone will tell you if he's ready to deal. My bet says you get it for $1850.

Sorry for the run-on, it's late! :brows: Good luck!

Looks really good. Is it worth what he is asking? That's going to depend on you. I've seen them go cheaper in that condition but that's around here on the other coast. I would try to get him to come down as much as possible. Paying over book for a vehicle that will never be a serious collectors item is just kind of hard to swallow, but for us Jeepers it's not unheard of. :brows:

Good Luck

:cheers:

x2

On any 20yr old vehicle, KBB and other value guides are just that, a GUIDE..........AT BEST. Point being, the value is best determined by what it's worth to you. IF, and until you look all over it in person that could be a big IF, it runs decent and is as nice as the pics look, especially the body and interior (jeez that's clean), dude, you better run up there with some cash in your pocket and pick that thing up!

the mirror will be cheap and easy to get another black one. they probably got that one free somewhere after knocking off the oem black one.

go get it!!

Hi guys... New guy here looking for a Comanche. I also drive a 99 TJ, but looking for a new "Toy" and possible DD.

Can anyone tell me if that is one of the Non-Base Packages (Eliminator/Pioneer, etc) based on the markings on the Bed?

01010701020401030020071212297deaa4e4393ff02100bbd8.jpg

http://monterey.craigslist.org/car/507032005.html

$2500 seems pretty steep, depending on mileage and such. Not sure on 2.5 or 4.0L either... I planned on calling the guy tonight to try to take a look at it, but wanted to get some input first. Thanks ALL

Sw2

Looks like a nice MJ, there is an 86 2.5 with a cap painted like the Oakland raiders going for $5,000 in San Jose. I have seen fairly rough MJ's here going from between $1,200 - $1,800. I don't think they would be insulted if you offered $1,500 CL out here is also known as "dregs list" Lots of lowballers and tire kickers that would offer much less (no insults intended to folks outside of the California market) It's a weird market out here.

I once had a a Mint Bose wave radio only 3 years old on sale for $140. I had a lowballer come to my house and offer $20. I had an old AM/FM cassette/turntable laying out in my garage that I said he could have for free.

that thing is nice! the floors are most likely mint just like the rest of the truck. it all depends on what you want to spend. i know if that was for sale down the road, i would buy it for a maximum of $2250 but thats me.

it makes me wish i lived somewhere that doesn't get snow, but i do love snow so...