Cruise control kit feeler.

Just puttin a feeler out here. I made Renix cruise control kits a couple years back with used genuine parts/new trusted aftermarket parts. I have a plethora of parts now and I'm curious on how many people would be interested in a kit. 

If it’s one or two folks, I’ll do a couple kits and all the components will probably be sold off as this process is a bit of a pain as I hand build the vacuum harnesses new. It will be exactly like the kits AMC offered back in the day and instructions faithful to the original document is also included. 

Please comment here so I can gauge interest. Please tell your other Renix buddies that if they want cruise control for their MJ or XJ, now is the time as I probably won’t ever make these kits again. 

I should mention that I have plenty of 4.0L part for cruise. 2.5L brothers, i don't think I have any. It’s mostly the servo cable is mainly what the difference is. 

25 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

This just reminded me I have one of your kits I need to install. I have to get it on the list!!!

:hijack:

Lol funny you mentioned that. I only had one person install one of my kits and for the life of me and them we could not get it to work and we didn’t know why. 

This just reminded ME that I also have some of your cruise control stuff.

Would be interested in a full kit to put it all together at some point in the indeterminate future. How many kits worth of parts do you think you'd be able to put together?

15 minutes ago, Minuit said:

This just reminded ME that I also have some of your cruise control stuff.

Would be interested in a full kit to put it all together at some point in the indeterminate future. How many kits worth of parts do you think you'd be able to put together?

I think I have enough parts for at least 5. Mostly because the vac footballs and speed sensor shortage. I’d have to check my counts. 

15 minutes ago, Pete M said:

do the vacuum balls really need to be XJ/MJ factory units?  there should be others out there in junkyard land that would fit the bill.  any chance that grand cherokees have something similar?

No they can be the GM cans. I don't know about the HO since they’re single port. 

4 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

I have a price in mind but it’s not set in stone. This is more of how many folks are interested type deal. 

But the price I’ve been tossing around is $200. It accounts for the kit+time+assembly(vac hoses)and shipping. 

I think that's a fair price. I'd be interested. 

On 9/10/2022 at 1:28 PM, eaglescout526 said:

Just puttin a feeler out here. I made Renix cruise control kits a couple years back with used genuine parts/new trusted aftermarket parts. I have a plethora of parts now and I'm curious on how many people would be interested in a kit. 

If it’s one or two folks, I’ll do a couple kits and all the components will probably be sold off as this process is a bit of a pain as I hand build the vacuum harnesses new. It will be exactly like the kits AMC offered back in the day and instructions faithful to the original document is also included. 

Please comment here so I can gauge interest. Please tell your other Renix buddies that if they want cruise control for their MJ or XJ, now is the time as I probably won’t ever make these kits again. 

I should mention that I have plenty of 4.0L part for cruise. 2.5L brothers, i don't think I have any. It’s mostly the servo cable is mainly what the difference is. 

Well you know I am interested. Lol

1 hour ago, yungupgrade said:

Would these be for manual or the automatic?

Ironically it actually doesn’t matter. All the wiring harnesses are for auto trans. The only difference between the two is the manual has a switch that turns cruise on and off for shifting which isn’t needed unless you need to shift then you just tap the brake pedal and shift as normal and hit resume on the stalk. 

5 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Ironically it actually doesn’t matter. All the wiring harnesses are for auto trans. The only difference between the two is the manual has a switch that turns cruise on and off for shifting which isn’t needed unless you need to shift then you just tap the brake pedal and shift as normal and hit resume on the stalk. 

I saw some writeup on here about a guy went to a junkyard and found a factory module and installed it in his truck which was cool. I'm interested, but with the current state of my shopping list for jeep parts there's still a lot of things that take precedence over it :(

I will start a new official thread this evening. I will include the details of the kit, warranty of irreplaceable parts(will explain), price(will break down) and what will have to be acquired on the user end(will explain this too). I’ll include a list of the members I have in order of who approached first and will be sending out PMs in the order. I’ll do it in a similar style that Dzimm did with his tail lamps. 

33 minutes ago, ChiefSparkster said:

I’m interested in this kit depending what all is involved to install. Will be looking forward to your official thread.

Actually not a lot is involved. It’s about an hour or two to install. I have a thread up but it’s hidden at the moment. Doing some editing to it.