Found some respect

tugboat95

Took my newly fixed ride to the local garage today for my annual state inspection so I can renew the tags. My normal guy wasn't available today so I just picked the local Quick Lube. The attendant got my info and I walked inside to stay warm. I watched him wave his buddy over in a Come Look at This gesture. Both guys did a complete walk around checking it out inside and out. After completing the inspection both guys walked over to me and talked about it. One had never seen one and both were heavily impressed both with the condition it's in and the fact it's a Comanche. Guys weren't necessarily Jeep guys but gear heads. Very appreciative of the older stuff and attention to saving history of all automotive types. Felt pretty cool to see a little jealously there.

89 Comanche

Eliminator

2wd

4.0L

5 speed PukeGoat

Factory Original

More respect

Drove it to the DMV to renew the tags. Had to wait in your car, we'll call you scenario. Guy next to me out of the blue walked up wanted to buy it. Turns out he is a retired Jeep/AMC mechanic. Said he had owned 7 of them over the years including 2 brand new ones. Sold the last one about 10 years ago. Spent 30 minutes talking and showing off the truck. Nice guy and it was obvious he knew the trucks and different powertrains. Said the absolute worse thing he hated about them was the clutch slave cylinder location. Why did they have be so hard to get at.

Had to turn him down...just got it running again so I'm gonna drive it for a bit

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

On 2/5/2021 at 8:48 AM, tugboat95 said:

Oh and I got another offer yesterday from my wife's co worker. They throw enough money, they just might get it.

there are plenty out there for sale.  they can go buy someone else's  :D 

Probably not, but if you got that, it would make it easy to move on to the next one. Yours is probably worth $1000 more than mine, I figured my "pester me until I throw out a number" price is $6000. I could buy a project a parts truck and new and still be money ahead.