• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, schardein said:

Guy driving, girl riding shotgun.

Need one of these behind the seat.

m_5e52fddbde696a61a3f96bbc.jpg

Oh damn, I will have to make sure my girlfriend doesnt see this collection. Lol.

24 minutes ago, watchamakalit said:

Vinyl>CD&Cassette

nuff said

Fixed it for ya! :)

7 hours ago, PCO6 said:

This JVC aftermarket radio will be going in my MJ the next time I pull the dashboard fascia.  It worked when I pulled it!

287753927_18-08-152.JPG.a3cd8285f021f04a2c412a1ea95e7406.JPG

Classy enough to get a pass from me :thumbsup:

On the other hand, if @89 MJ is purposefully going for the gaudy, brightly lit side of the 80s and 90s, there are plenty of those out there too. I'd never be caught dead with one of these in my truck (in no small part because the shiniest vintage car radios go for thousands), but damn if I wouldn't want to have one around:

4 hours ago, Minuit said:

On the other hand, if @89 MJ is purposefully going for the gaudy, brightly lit side of the 80s and 90s, there are plenty of those out there too. I'd never be caught dead with one of these in my truck (in no small part because the shiniest vintage car radios go for thousands), but damn if I wouldn't want to have one around:

That's pretty neat.   I'd be afraid though that I wouldn't be keeping my eyes on the road.   My main criteria for radios is a volume knob I can turn while wearing gloves!   :laugh:

Odd that he would put it in what appears to be a much newer car. 

My base truck has a Pioneer Supertuner. They were the cool radio when I was in High School, Class of 1980.

Since no radio is listed in the build sheet, I assume there was no OEM radio and the original owner had it added near delivery.

12 minutes ago, BeatCJ said:

My base truck has a Pioneer Supertuner. They were the cool radio when I was in High School, Class of 1980.

Since no radio is listed in the build sheet, I assume there was no OEM radio and the original owner had it added near delivery.

Do you have this on your build sheet:  RA8 Delete Radio

My build sheet has that and the radio that was in the truck when I got it was likely dealer installed.

And I definitely remember the Supertuners.  I have a vintage one in my workshop now, along with some other vintage shaft type radios, including an Alpine 7168.

I haven't found the paper sheet. I didn't notice it when I had the bench seat out when I pulled the carpet, and I don't remember that there is anything on the back wall of the cab. I need to go on a hunt and see if I can find it. It's not listed in my Registry thread.

7 hours ago, Minuit said:

now that is old school