On the road again...

89 MJ

I got it! Sadly, it’s likely just going to be a parts truck. I got a bunch of parts too. I did pay more than I planned too though. I actually paid higher than the asking price, but I’ll show you why when I get home. 

400A1615-43F4-479A-814A-CD6C726A8E1A.jpeg.8950f866f40b13e75b9834edf9d9fc11.jpegB7E20017-7B01-4946-916C-5214601A0C4D.jpeg.195ad7d6e62074200b03b700a3aeb258.jpeg5DA81AA6-F83B-4801-9153-8D1789795EAC.jpeg.c0900375f0954224369a08749156a027.jpeg77E5F9AF-EB5D-4E13-9FA6-C1D9B909F65A.jpeg.a7cfc524695019d7c516e43d28ac9391.jpeg323C784D-7277-42EE-8B8E-5E88E4363390.jpeg.412211d8fcd8cf5988a80d9e7a69d67c.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jesse J said:

yay. and you can have that factory bar :banana:now go get the metric ton with some of the parts you sell:roflmao:also are you gonna still make repro ones?

Yes I can. I will at least try to make plans for the main hoop. Not sure how yet. I’ll probably need to start be tracing it and going from there. 

51 minutes ago, watchamakalit said:

Interested in some rockers and cab corners if they are decent and your parting it.....

It was a Georgia truck. Still not sure if I’m going to part it out or not. 

43 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

Looks like a good clean truck to start a build with.  Is there a title issue or something?  

41 minutes ago, Eagle said:

My thought, too. That doesn't look nearly bad enough to part out.

I have mixed feelings on parting it out. Still not really sure what the plan is. It needs pretty much everything. The fenders are damaged, the doors are both damaged, it needs a clutch the PO said, it doesn’t have a tailgate, it needs floors, the odometer says it has nearly 320k on it, but it looks like a fixable truck, I don’t really know yet. I might fix the floors, make it driveable and sell it too, which I would feel a bit better about, but I need to look at it more before I make any big decisions. 

Just now, Pete M said:

I thought you wanted a winter driver?  now you're complaining about fender damage? :thinking:  I'm so confused... 

The fenders are punished in from an accident and the door got hit, so the door doesn’t seal right anymore. If I fix the doors, I’m going to put nicer fenders on it (which I have), then I would have a hard time stopping, but it’s also a GA truck and is really nice, aside from the floors. I’d have a difficult time driving it in the snow. Still not sure what I’m going to do with it yet. 

17 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

The fenders are punished in from an accident and the door got hit, so the door doesn’t seal right anymore. If I fix the doors, I’m going to put nicer fenders on it (which I have), then I would have a hard time stopping, but it’s also a GA truck and is really nice, aside from the floors. I’d have a difficult time driving it in the snow. Still not sure what I’m going to do with it yet. 

31 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

I have mixed feelings on parting it out. Still not really sure what the plan is. It needs pretty much everything. The fenders are damaged, the doors are both damaged, it needs a clutch the PO said, it doesn’t have a tailgate, it needs floors, the odometer says it has nearly 320k on it, but it looks like a fixable truck, I don’t really know yet. I might fix the floors, make it driveable and sell it too, which I would feel a bit better about, but I need to look at it more before I make any big decisions. 

I would highly recommend fixing it up and having a beater/run-around truck you can have fun with.  As you probably feel about your blue truck, as do I my trucks, you don't want to drive them all that much because of all the time and money you put into it.  Build this truck into something you can have fun with and not care if it gets scratched or dinged up.  

I would really caution about parting a truck that has a usable title and little rust.  It won't take much to get it running, especially with a cab full of parts and leftovers from your other truck.  Just keep it in your head that it's a beater so you don't go making it all super nice.  

25 minutes ago, Pete M said:

so the choice is drive a semi-nice truck in the wintertime or part it out and send it to scrap?  I'm still confused... 

That might still happen. I’m still coming up with a plan. 

16 minutes ago, jdog said:

:yeahthat: i'd just drive the thing, its a winter beater for you, let it get the leftovers from the blue truck, but don't make it into another one if you want it as a winter beater.

This is what I’m hoping I can afford to do. 

11 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

I would highly recommend fixing it up and having a beater/run-around truck you can have fun with.  As you probably feel about your blue truck, as do I my trucks, you don't want to drive them all that much because of all the time and money you put into it.  Build this truck into something you can have fun with and not care if it gets scratched or dinged up.  

I would really caution about parting a truck that has a usable title and little rust.  It won't take much to get it running, especially with a cab full of parts and leftovers from your other truck.  Just keep it in your head that it's a beater so you don't go making it all super nice.  

You do make a good point. The plan is see if we can make it run and drive. If I can get it driveable, I will either drive or or maybe sell it, as it is a good truck I’d feel bad about parting out. 

1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

Yes I can. I will at least try to make plans for the main hoop. Not sure how yet. I’ll probably need to start be tracing it and going from there. 

yeah even if you measured the main hoop and told me the dimensions I could fab it all myself I mean the only difference is the kickers.

24 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

yeah even if you measured the main hoop and told me the dimensions I could fab it all myself I mean the only difference is the kickers.

Sounds good. I will see what I can do! It won’t be until after I get the blue truck running though. 

39 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Sounds good. I will see what I can do! It won’t be until after I get the blue truck running though. 

yeah no worries. Idk the truck is in a weird state where theres to much to part out but not enough to build off of