Caden's 1987 Comanche Chief

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a leak somewhere in my MJ, what is the power trick to locate the leak? I suspect it's coming from the front Wind Shield. I was thinking I might go to an auto window shop to see if they can reseal it but I'd like to confirm that's where its coming from. I see a small puddle when its sitting after a rain storm or when I wash it on drivers side. 

Mike

3 hours ago, Top C said:

I have a leak somewhere in my MJ, what is the power trick to locate the leak? I suspect it's coming from the front Wind Shield. I was thinking I might go to an auto window shop to see if they can reseal it but I'd like to confirm that's where its coming from. I see a small puddle when its sitting after a rain storm or when I wash it on drivers side. 

Mike

I like to sprinkle a small amount of baby power in the suspect area.  the water will make little trails through the powder and lead back to the leak location. :L: 

On 10/9/2021 at 6:12 AM, Top C said:

Mike

My drivers side leak was a body plug. I used bed liner to seal it lol 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sadly this mj project is coming to a end... jk lol I'm shipping out to the army the 28th and it will continue once I'm done. That sign on bonus is going to a stroker and a super charger :brows:.  But it will basically just be getting a full restore at this point. 

Plans 

95 xj harness swap.

4.6l stroker 

Boost tech super charger 

Hp 30 

Keeping rear dana 44 but possible 8.8 swap 

Going to go with a 6 speed from a newer tj paired to a np242.

Probably going to just have the whole thing re painted as it was not done the best and I just want it done properly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thinking of once I get back to work I'll buy another car and get my truck completely re painted. Not sure I want to keep it red but keep it a Comanche cheif definitely what color suggestions do you guys think I should do?

Classic red all the cool kids do. Be different eh!. 🤔 Purple was different. Grey is plain. Orange is good for Halloween. Yellow be like the sun 🌞. But if you don't redo red would you have to change out the headliner?? 

11 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

Classic red all the cool kids do. Be different eh!. 🤔 Purple was different. Grey is plain. Orange is good for Halloween. Yellow be like the sun 🌞. But if you don't redo red would you have to change out the headliner?? 

The head liner is planned to be chanced out to a nice Mexican blanket anyways.