Caden's 1987 Comanche Chief

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/24/2020 at 10:27 PM, 89 MJ said:

Just a quick recommendation: do NOT buy a bumper that you will need to cut the fenders on to fit if you are building a nice truck, you will likely regret it. 

For the rear?

My first mod to my truck even though it dosent run still but i scored these wheels and rims off of a 03 liberty renegade and i think they look great.I also took the hitch off of it because its a brand new reece hitch so that will go on once i get a rear bumper.

Snapchat-1277831849.jpg.5b8c702de1528bb776f100c1769e7b2d.jpg

On 7/24/2020 at 8:27 PM, 89 MJ said:

Just a quick recommendation: do NOT buy a bumper that you will need to cut the fenders on to fit if you are building a nice truck, you will likely regret it. 

Agreed. Leave the front flares alone. Tough to find an aftermarket bumper that doesn’t require cutting the fenders but honestly how many of us really NEED a heavy winch bumper? 

Great starting point with this truck. Looks like a real winner with a little work. :beerchug:

19 minutes ago, neohic said:

Agreed. Leave the front flares alone. Tough to find an aftermarket bumper that doesn’t require cutting the fenders but honestly how many of us really NEED a heavy winch bumper? 

Great starting point with this truck. Looks like a real winner with a little work. :beerchug:

Thank you! Id like a winch bumper but my only problem is that half of them are ugly lookin anyways. Id love to be able to keep my orginial bumper but have a hidden winch

Ok so i stipped my whole interior basically for the first time and only broke one thing!😂 I'm pretty proud of my self. The floors are very clean with the exception of some wet spots. Not sure how I'm going to find the wet spots but yea.

Snapchat-1735765226.jpg

Snapchat-2094106509.jpg

Snapchat-1901477463.jpg

20200801_192157.jpg

20200801_200658.jpg

the most common are windshield seals and hvac gaskets but literally every hole in the sheetmetal has leaked for some poor soul at some point in time.  door seals, door windows, rear windows, fusebox seal, etc.   Everything should be tested.  I once had a leak at the top left corner of my windshield in the 86 that dribbled down inside the a-pillar and dumped out onto the floor at the kickpanel.  if it wasn't for the powder trick I'd have never found that one.  I had another leak in my 88 that originated from the seal at the back of the hood and dribbled down in the engine bay 'til it found a non-factory wire that poked through a gasket in the firewall that wasn't perfectly sealed up.  :fistshake2:

all should be suspect, all should be tested. :L: 

9 hours ago, Pete M said:

the most common are windshield seals and hvac gaskets but literally every hole in the sheetmetal has leaked for some poor soul at some point in time.  door seals, door windows, rear windows, fusebox seal, etc.   Everything should be tested.  I once had a leak at the top left corner of my windshield in the 86 that dribbled down inside the a-pillar and dumped out onto the floor at the kickpanel.  if it wasn't for the powder trick I'd have never found that one.  I had another leak in my 88 that originated from the seal at the back of the hood and dribbled down in the engine bay 'til it found a non-factory wire that poked through a gasket in the firewall that wasn't perfectly sealed up.  :fistshake2:

all should be suspect, all should be tested. :L: 

Its dry now I'm goijg to put down paper towels and see where its coming from

So i just realised it today but the ol girl must of been in a real bad accident at one point because the whole drivers side cab corner was replaced in 89. don't know how i just reliased that but yea. In this picture tou can see where the black is thats the not so new replacement for what ever damage that must of happened 

Snapchat-1344209599.jpg

16 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

That could explain why the doors don't say "COMANCHE CHEIF" On them.

Yeah i though that migjt have been do to rust repair at one point but what ever caused that could have also been why the doors are like that.