Caden's 1987 Comanche Chief

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also gave the truck a wash today and almost wish I didn't. Found a couple spots that aren't necessarily rusting but it looks like something just ate into the paint and pitted it. There's a huge line in front of my door and also a little spot on my roof. Definitely sucks

9 hours ago, Muncher said:

Also gave the truck a wash today and almost wish I didn't. Found a couple spots that aren't necessarily rusting but it looks like something just ate into the paint and pitted it. There's a huge line in front of my door and also a little spot on my roof. Definitely sucks

Post up some pics so we can see what you are talking about. We might have some advice. 

8 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

To me, it looks like scratches caused by the door opening too far/not being adjusted right. 

I was thinking that I'll have to check. Before body work it didn't have anything there. And we didn't take that door off but it's a possibility 

8 hours ago, Muncher said:

Before body work it didn't have anything there. And we didn't take that door off but it's a possibility 

It may have been correct before, but you added more layers of paint on top of the old paint, making the fender wider and the door longer (a very tiny bit). Now the door contacts the fender. If you put a shin in to push the door towards the rear of the truck, it should space the door away from the fender enough when you have the door open. 

8 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

It may have been correct before, but you added more layers of paint on top of the old paint, making the fender wider and the door longer (a very tiny bit). Now the door contacts the fender. If you put a shin in to push the door towards the rear of the truck, it should space the door away from the fender enough when you have the door open. 

Just looked at it today and it does not actually make contact with the fender. 

2 hours ago, Muncher said:

Just looked at it today and it does not actually make contact with the fender. 

Pull on the door a little when it is open and report back. I’m still convinced that’s the issue. 

well i guess i don't have any pictures of it but my newish tailgater for my truck that is a lot more straight then my old one is done in the body shop. should be picking it up tommrow. for what ever reason i can't find any pictures of it but ill try again tommrow. but also i think i should of just bought a wrangler because just that tailgate job is making me broke lol