19 members have voted

1. 1. What style would you like

• White text / black border
    • Black text / white border
    • Silver/gray
    • Red
    • Blue
    • Other

A few years back I acquired this Comanche Fourwheeler of the Year static cling decal. The decal's days of clinging to anything are long over, but I thought it was a cool item to have. I have access to a vinyl cutter so I started the process of cutting a vinyl version of the decal. Is there are interest if I made some "reproduction" vinyl versions? I was going to try for a 2 color white text/black border and black text/white border, but could cut them to any color you would want. 

Trying to gauge interest so let me know.

20200223_101412.thumb.jpg.fffefca91b227f998a7b501f1eb1982d.jpg

Not sure about pricing yet, but I'm thinking somewhere between $5-10 shipped maybe? The ones I make will be a little more narrow than the original one, they would be approx 12" wide to save on vinyl and envelope costs. Not really trying to make money but want to cover the material & shipping costs. 

That's funny eaglescout, I had planned on doing this a couple years back, started the project then it fell off my radar until I found the sticker I made while cleaning up around the house. Doesnt matter to me who gets them made, either way I'll make a couple just to see what the end result looks like. I have all the materials and equipment already so my only costs right now are time. If whoever you're going thru is gonna charge you a bit of money then I would say just wait until you see what I can make before you go spending your own cash.

13 minutes ago, Airborne Janitor said:

That's funny eaglescout, I had planned on doing this a couple years back, started the project then it fell off my radar until I found the sticker I made while cleaning up around the house. Doesnt matter to me who gets them made, either way I'll make a couple just to see what the end result looks like. I have all the materials and equipment already so my only costs right now are time. If whoever you're going thru is gonna charge you a bit of money then I would say just wait until you see what I can make before you go spending your own cash.

Lol. If you have everything at hand and can make it cheaper than the pros I am going through for the windshield decal then please by all means do so. I planned on waiting anyways after I saw this post, I'm still waiting on the sticker to show up actually. But I look forward to the final product! Let me know if it falls through again and I can get in contact with the company I am using.

Actually that being said how professional is your equipment? Send me a PM when you see this.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys still working on this? If somebody wants to send me a scan of it I can make a scalable vector art and send it off to Pixeldecals. His vinyls are top notch and affordable.

Otherwise, I'd like one for the rear window of my truck. Just block white letters would be best.

6 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

Will these be for inside the window or outside?

Outside. I use Oracle 651 vinyl that's supposed to be rated for 6 years outdoor use before fading. Like any vinyl sticker it won't last forever in the elements, but it does a great job for what it is.