Junkyard Journeys

SatiricalHen

That's weird.   Did they jack up the price of the Tiburon seats but not the Cherokee seats?  I've never paid core charges for used parts but I guess some auto wreckers work differently.   You're right though, they are nice.  I have them in my TJ & LJ and also put them in my previous XJ below.   I have a great set of original leather seats in my current XJ but as far as comfort goes I'd rather put in a set of Tiburon seats.

picture.php?albumid=4517&pictureid=54290

I got the Cherokee seats from a guy parting out Cherokees on marketplace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, PCO6 said:

That's weird.   Did they jack up the price of the Tiburon seats but not the Cherokee seats?  I've never paid core charges for used parts but I guess some auto wreckers work differently.   You're right though, they are nice.  I have them in my TJ & LJ and also put them in my previous XJ below.   I have a great set of original leather seats in my current XJ but as far as comfort goes I'd rather put in a set of Tiburon seats.

picture.php?albumid=4517&pictureid=54290

Hey, if you ever decide to make the switch on your XJ... hint hint.

:laugh:

On 2/9/2020 at 4:03 AM, Minuit said:

Hey, if you ever decide to make the switch on your XJ... hint hint.

:laugh:

Too late.   :))   I took them out of that XJ and put them in my LJ.   I have to be honest, the seats in my current XJ are nice but the Tiburon seats are more comfortable.  My XJ is pretty original and it's a struggle to resist the temptation to change it.

picture.php?albumid=4517&pictureid=83228

that thing is so 80s it makes my head explode.     I would have to rescue the thing just like I did my roof spoiler with the pop up lights. 

The big issue for me is only having an apartment. I have no where to put things. If someone wanted it I’d have no problem pulling it and hanging onto it for a week or something, but I can’t just pull all the cool stuff I see

hmmm.... well, I already have to figure out when I can to drive up to NC with a trailer...  I wonder how much they'd want for it...

His prices are all over the place some things he wants pennies on the dollar for, some things he wants an arm and a leg for. I’m someone who is going Saturday if you want me to have them ask or pull it.

• 4 weeks later...

c5ed8ec1c58607c4cce3e07d287d41a9.jpg

Got me an ax-15, the one I have in my truck now makes a little noise so I got this one to rebuild and swap in, but it’s only got 140k miles so I almost feel bad tearing it apart since it might not need it. Oh well

I got 340k out of the AX15 in my 98 XJ, it started to pop out of first gear at 300k and seeing how it had 4.10 gears I just started off in second for the next 40k.
I would just throw it in and see what happens.

I just threw the last AX-15 in it and it’s crunchy to second occasionally and it whines really bad. It’s all about maintenance and previous owners really. I’d also love to learn how a manual transmission goes together. I rebuilt the motor in my Comanche because I figured what better way to learn.

I stopped by a yard close to me yesterday for some parts, walked over by the crushed cars and I was quite impressed by the wall of cars they have stacked up there. 5-7 cars high and it is easily 5-7 acres of the 40. Found a bunch of ZJs and XJs in the stack, took this photo to share. 

E3E94DD3-7CDA-4E5B-9930-38972ACBAA1F.jpeg.77dcfefb3b806d2cfd8aa0414f279499.jpeg

Nope, there is no way I’m going to climb up and get the badges off of the back of that XJ when I go back next...well, maybe... 

11 hours ago, 500 MJ said:

I stopped by a yard close to me yesterday for some parts, walked over by the crushed cars and I was quite impressed by the wall of cars they have stacked up there. 5-7 cars high and it is easily 5-7 acres of the 40. Found a bunch of ZJs and XJs in the stack, took this photo to share. 

E3E94DD3-7CDA-4E5B-9930-38972ACBAA1F.jpeg.77dcfefb3b806d2cfd8aa0414f279499.jpeg

Nope, there is no way I’m going to climb up and get the badges off of the back of that XJ when I go back next...well, maybe... 

When I was younger, I climbed four high to pull parts off a flat fender.  Got up there and it was a slat grill military.

4 hours ago, Fernando87mj said:

It looks really  clean  , I really like it , I wonder how it ended up there :confused:

I wonder too.

The last thing I need is another project, but I've often thought it would be cool to get an AMC Eagle, swap in a fuel injected 4.0 and drive the heck out of it.

Around 1985, my Mom was looking at replacing the family transportation, a Ford station wagon.  I came home and found a Jeep dealer brochure on the kitchen table.  I thought OMIGOD WE  ARE GETTING A CJ (which makes absolutely no sense).  She came in, flipped the brochure to the 4 door Eagle, and asked what I thought.  Needless to doggone say, what I thought isn't worth printing.  We ended up with a Suburban, which I got to drive home with 16 miles on it.

I went to the Daytona LKQ to get the brake booster off of a "96 XJ. It was only there a few days when I got to it. There were no interior pics other than the dash so I have a feeling this is how it showed up. Maybe someone ran out of time or money redoing the floors? I did get the brake booster, and the hole in the driver's floor helped me stretch out a bit and the open frame rail gave me a place to keep the tools! 

Buck.

20200316a_115225.jpg