New keys and Dome lights

Dammerung

Finally got my new keys for my truck! NOS key blanks that a locksmith got when the Comanches were around. American made and he says he can’t get ones like these anymore.

48ade04fe9d14842074115f8a85839ab.jpg

Also got some Euratech domes which I LOVE! They feel so nice!

294abc04db10f5dde28815c0a57a3490.jpg

(P.S. how do I hook them up?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Maveric said:

Anyone got a part number on those lights? I want a set! My original ones are broken.:sad:

I believe it's:

Euramtec  A-7180-BC 

They are often marketed for the Delorean as they are direct replacement for the dome light.

17 hours ago, Dzimm said:

I believe it's:

Euramtec  A-7180-BC 

They are often marketed for the Delorean as they are direct replacement for the dome light.

@Maveric Yeah these ^  are the ones I used in black, however I had to shave off some aplastic for them to fit as they were slightly bigger than OEM, just a heads up. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 11:09 PM, DIRT_NASTYY_ said:

You should have 3 wires, if my memory is right the switch wire goes in the middle, power to end of rocker switch, and ground on the other end.

Just put these exact ones in with LED bulbs from O'Reilly's, so much nicer! 

I have a red, black and yellow wire going to my current courtesy lights.  Which one is the power wire?

On 11/24/2019 at 8:49 PM, Warren Mohler said:

red to A, yellow to B, black to C

So, I hooked the lights up according to those instructions and the dome lights won't turn off even when I flip the lens up and down. I had to take the fuse out. Suggestions? 

look at your lamp closely terminal for red should go to one end of lamp yellow and black should go to terminals that have a diode dohicky between them if that s all ok switch yellow and black and see what happens, remember to do this with doors closed and headlamp switch in dim position

13 hours ago, Warren Mohler said:

look at your lamp closely terminal for red should go to one end of lamp yellow and black should go to terminals that have a diode dohicky between them if that s all ok switch yellow and black and see what happens, remember to do this with doors closed and headlamp switch in dim position

I'm not sure which position is the dim position now

6 hours ago, Warren Mohler said:

turn switch clockwise,  turning counter clockwise till it clicks will turn on interior lamps

Turned it all the way to the right and switched the yellow and black wire.  Still stays

on even with door closed.  Switched the black and yellow back to their original

position per the schematic that came with the lights and still stays on even with doors

closed.  I also moved the lens up and down and that didn't change anything either.

5 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

IMG_20190728_121120063.jpg.624102d1bddeb9f4ac3bf843077bd48e.jpg

It's the top part in the picture. It just unscrews it of the door jamb. As you can see mine is trashed. The plunger in the middle should be out with the door open.

Mine does pop out when the door is open. I'll try taking it out and cleaning it or something.

2 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Dome light is a three position switch. Center position is OFF.

I had it in the center position with the switch turned all the way to the right and the light stayed on.  I flipped the dome light down.  No changed.  Flipped the dome light up and no change.  Nothing broke the power to the dome light.  I had to pull the fuse.