New keys and Dome lights

Dammerung

30 minutes ago, Virginia said:

Nothing broke the power to the dome light

Virginia the lamp will have power 24/7 365 even with key off pink is ALWAYS hot when it comes on you are switching ground, one of the two remaining wires is always ground the third wire is always switched ground from either door switch or headlamp switch regardless of how the lens is positioned it will always be in an on position, when lens is flat it will work from door or headlamp switch when tilted up or down it is grounded from constant ground and always on. this is sort of dumb because an off position would be nice if doors were open for long periods of time

40 minutes ago, Warren Mohler said:

Virginia the lamp will have power 24/7 365 even with key off pink is ALWAYS hot when it comes on you are switching ground, one of the two remaining wires is always ground the third wire is always switched ground from either door switch or headlamp switch regardless of how the lens is positioned it will always be in an on position, when lens is flat it will work from door or headlamp switch when tilted up or down it is grounded from constant ground and always on. this is sort of dumb because an off position would be nice if doors were open for long periods of time

OK. No matter what position the lens was in and when both doors were closed, the lights were on. I swapped the ground and switch wires back and forth and still the light stayed on. No matter what I did, the lights stayed on. 

On 12/1/2019 at 9:14 PM, Virginia said:

Ok

I removed the ground wire and they now work just like they're supposed to.  I had to make

the opening in the B column a little bigger so they'd fit.  I haven't had light in the cab in

3 years.

Thank you all for your help.