fender flare bracket studs

Well...from the factory you don’t. You would go to your dealer and get the parts that has new studs in place. Did that. Worth it than just to replace the studs. That being said Chrysler has stopped making the front brackets and are at vintage parts. The rears are impossible to find new. Your best bet will probably be to drill them out and get studs or bolts. 

I drilled out the stud remnants and used small (1/4" IIRC) stainless hex bolts, washers and nylock nuts.  It was kind of a pain getting everything lined up/threaded/tightened but it worked great and was cheap.  LOL.

On one MJ I drilled out the studs and used bolts with washers through it all.  On my other MJ I just got rid of the brackets entirely and used large fender washers (1-1/2" irrc) and 1/4-20 nuts and bolts.  They are just as strong as the one with the brackets and aren't going anywhere.  There is also no way to tell the difference from the outside.

I just did this on my XJ.  Drilled them out and used 6mm bolts (the common ones that use a 10mm socket).  Find a 99+ Chevy truck or tahoe in the junkyard with the door panels removed, and you will find a bunch of these bolts/nuts in the doors.  If doing it again, I would put a small tack weld on each one so I didn't have to fight the inner fender liner to get a wrench on the back of them when tightening the nut.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:56 AM, tarmac2dirt said:

Have a quick question about repairing the broke studs. How do you guys do your repairs on the studs. Took the flares off for painting and of course about half of the studs twisted off. What do you do to fix these . Thanks Paul

If you are lucky and the broke studs are on the front flares, Quadratec sells new mounting brackets. 

"Punched out the studs and used 1/4-20 bolts." 

Did the same on mine (stainless).  I used a gel type super glue to hold the bolts in place for mounting.  The glue held plenty adequately to screw the nylock nuts onto the bolts also.   Removal may be a different story but that's a problem for another day.