Just another day.

Jeep Driver

My biological father died to me a dozen times over the years, he's breathing but still dead. 

I was raised by an abusive (and I mean abusive) alcoholic step father and I became an alcoholic myself. 

I always felt that I had missed out on something, lacking, awkward, guilty, deserving of punishment, good for nothing, worthless. (long past that now)

I've raised three kids of my own, wife and I have six between us, ages 37 to 13, one left still at home, our son. We have good relationships with all of them. 

I've never raised a hand to my kids, never yelled at them, never called them names, not even in my darkest of days. I never wanted to become my father(s). 

It wasn't until later in life that I realized that it is not the son who is blessed by the father but the father who is blessed by the son.

By kids are a blessing to me. 

To those of you who have- Happy Fathers Day! :smile:

Good thoughts.

I have one child, an adopted daughter who is away at college. I haven't heard from her in two weeks, today is Father's Day, and she hasn't responded to my last three e-mails.

You are blessed.

Happy fathers day! Thanks for all you guys do for your kids and following that right path and raising them right. I have a one year old daughter and a son on the way. There have been divorces in my family but I have been lucky to have great step parents. My step grandpa has been amazing and he was the first owner of my MJ. My step dad I've had a few is an awesome man too. 

Have fun today guys I hope your kids remember to say so. 

I love my daughter and glad she is in my life, granted she's 2 so doesn't really know the difference between today and tomorrow. To me though its just another hallmark holiday. Theres still 364 other days in a year to show you care, love and respect not only your family but others. If you can only find 1 day a year to do that well you probably suck. My wife has made me grown to hate mothers day because it always has to be some overboard elaborate b.s. between a "gift" and the other Shenanagins that go with it. Me, I'm fine just having some pizza, beer and a wrench in my hand. So basically a normal weekend. Anywho, hope you all have a great day! 

Happy Father's day to you all! 

As for me, I didnt even know it was father's day until a customer said "happy Father's day if you have kids!" to me. I responded with "oh, that's today? I didn't even know.". My father has been passed for 6 years now. And I just got married, no kids yet thankfully. I always tend to forget the day he passed, his birthday, and Father's day. He and I were extremely close. Probably the biggest blessing in my life is the fact that I was homeschooled my entire life and due to it was very close with my father and still am close with my mother. I call her daily since I moved.

For anyone whose children don't care to keep in contact with them, thank you for still being their father/mother and caring for them. They will regret the time they wasted by not spending it with you. Even with how close I was with mine I regret not spending more time with them.

Once again, happy Father's day to all :beerchug:

My son hasn't talked to me in a few years. His loss. My daughter is headed down the same path. It is all because their mother is trash and poisons their minds. I have not seen my daughter since Feb 3rd. Totally her mother's fault and the state won't do $#!& to help me. Oh well, see you in court b*@ch.

My step daughters on the other hand are amazing to me. Two live with us and our youngest stays with her Dad but is with us all the time. She stayed there because she didn't want to move to California and when we moved back we are in a different county than her. She want to stay close to her friends and we totally understand that. Plus her father needs her in his life. He's a great guy.

My girls all came together and bought me something I have wanted for a long time. They got me a Smith & Wesson SW1911 E-Series. What a masterpiece this gun is. I was overwhelmed by them. I love these girls like they are my own.4df36747c6002943ec357594e09f4e1b.jpg

16 minutes ago, shelbyluvv said:

My son hasn't talked to me in a few years. His loss. My daughter is headed down the same path. It is all because their mother is trash and poisons their minds. I have not seen my daughter since Feb 3rd. Totally her mother's fault and the state won't do $#!& to help me. Oh well, see you in court b*@ch.

My step daughters on the other hand are amazing to me. Two live with us and our youngest stays with her Dad but is with us all the time. She stayed there because she didn't want to move to California and when we moved back we are in a different county than her. She want to stay close to her friends and we totally understand that. Plus her father needs her in his life. He's a great guy.

My girls all came together and bought me something I have wanted for a long time. They got me a Smith & Wesson SW1911 E-Series. What a masterpiece this gun is. I was overwhelmed by them. I love these girls like they are my own.4df36747c6002943ec357594e09f4e1b.jpg

Nice piece. 

Yeah.........been there done that with the Xs. I never bad mouthed their mothers to them (daughters), I waited a long time for them to see for themselves. They respect me for it now though. 

Nice piece. 

Yeah.........been there done that with the Xs. I never bad mouthed their mothers to them (daughters), I waited a long time for them to see for themselves. They respect me for it now though. 
I hope they will see her for what she is one day. Until then it just sucks. Crazy story about your past. I gives some insight about who you are. I am able to start understanding why you can be a bit of a "perfectionist". I'm not sure if you still have a drink but I'd like to meet you some day in person for a beer or a cup of coffee.

17 hours ago, shelbyluvv said:
17 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:
Nice piece. 

I hope they will see her for what she is one day. Until then it just sucks. Crazy story about your past. I gives some insight about who you are. I am able to start understanding why you can be a bit of a "perfectionist". I'm not sure if you still have a drink but I'd like to meet you some day in person for a beer or a cup of coffee.

aren't you going to TN in a couple weeks?  I've got to schedule another trip to Michigan kinda soon.  sounds like a good enough reason for a quick PowWow one evening. :D 

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:46 PM, Pete M said:

aren't you going to TN in a couple weeks?  I've got to schedule another trip to Michigan kinda soon.  sounds like a good enough reason for a quick PowWow one evening. :D 

I'll be in Seivervelle TN from the 1st-8th. I'm always down for a M&G with you.

13 hours ago, shelbyluvv said:

I'll be in Seivervelle TN from the 1st-8th. I'm always down for a M&G with you.

maybe get with Jeep Driver and find an evening that works for both and I'll shoot for that. :L: 

On 6/28/2019 at 11:07 AM, shelbyluvv said:
On 6/26/2019 at 8:22 PM, Pete M said:

maybe get with Jeep Driver and find an evening that works for both and I'll shoot for that. :L: 

I'm down for that. Or anyone else that wants to meet in the area.

any updates?