open letter of suggestions for the general public

Pete M

learn how to aim your headlights!  you don't need to illuminate the tree tops.  that's not where the deer are.  it's super easy, you'll stop blinding other people, and as a bonus you won't look like a complete idiot driving down the road.  I honestly would have thought that more people would prefer to not look like an idiot. :thinking: 

put the gd phone down and drive!  and as a side note, maybe put the phone down when you're talking to other people. :dunno: what a weird addiction that little device is... 

and today's big gripe... if you're selling a truck cap/topper/tonneau/camper, it is of the utmost importance that you include measurements or at least what the thing came from.  there's a big difference between an 8ft f250 and a ranger splash.  :fistshake1:

Facebook-e95261.png

About 8+ years ago, my 91 Comanche was labeled a salvage title after an accident.  I was required to go to a State brake and light station for inspection and proper headlight adjustment.  One of the best things that happened to the truck. Eventually installed TruckLite LED lamps after Don's review.  The proper aiming was great on several transcontinental road trips.  Do the relay light harness upgrade and get lights properly aimed with an Optical Aiming Machine.

You will love the results.  Currently working to upgrade headlights on a 1967 Corvair project.  New halogen E-Code head lamps, new 10 gauge wire to battery, new relay harness and fresh State certificate for aiming headlights.

For the TDI Comanche diesel, I have a set of E-CODE Hella's I purchased from Don 2 years ago.  And, yes they will be aimed correctly also.

My tow are there is usually plenty of space in back of what ever I am driving. Don't have to try and take off my front bumper to make the exit. Also, don't cut over three to five lanes as you missed your exit.    Also, learn  that there are other people in line when lanes narrow down for constructions zones.  Don't speed up to the front, then cut in front of Semis. It slows the traffic flow down. I was so proud of WV last year. I was in the pre- construction zone, hanging to the side of a Semi, so people wouldn't cut in front. Everybody behaved and traffic flowed.

55 in the left lane.....Motorcycles driving between cars in traffic....people not using turn signals....braking for NO APPARENT reason...why?!?!? ....  Dan Ryan expressway(oxymoron)Chicago anytime day or night,  it’s a s&:7 show...drivers feeling free to emptying any litter out the window...that guy/ gal behind you that beeps the millisecond the light changes green... red light cameras, IMHO they create more problems. I now find myself slowing down a block ahead of light on a green to try to time the change...and on top of that the pause between yellow to red is almost non- existent. Rant over... My $.02... Jeep on!!

Keep right, except to pass.

< --- Passing lane  ...  Travel lane ---- >

Or, as I once read on a bumper sticker on a semi

< --- Passing side ... Suicide --- >

Do not roll into the middle of traffic controlled intersection unless you can completely clear it before the opposing light turns green. 

Otherwise, you should hate yourself because you are now an inconsiderate a-hole.

2 minutes ago, NHMJXJ said:

Merge. Like a zipper.

Forgotten art.... Like a 4 way stop...or roundabouts... common sense... not so common. They use to teach us the IPDE process back in High School, with regards to driving. Identify. Predict. Decide. Execute. 

Dear Sir or Madam, 

Your tow pig and toy hauler don't belong in the left lane for all the same reasons 18 wheelers don't belong there -- because with greater momentum comes greater reponsibility.  Yes, we are all impressed and jealous that your lifted TitanMax-TurboStroke is mechanically capable of doing 10-15mph over the speed limit with 12,000lbs out back.  But the fact that you haven't reigned in your driving style at all while towing shows you haven't given any thought to the safety of yourself or other drivers. Do us a favor, slow it down and keep right while towing.