Jump to content

How many miles on your engine?  

363 members have voted

  1. 1. How many miles on your factory MJ engine?

    • 0-50k
      15
    • 50-100k
      40
    • 100-150k
      84
    • 150-200k
      95
    • 200-250k
      64
    • 250-300k
      43
    • 300k+
      33
    • who knows. I swapped it out.
      9


Recommended Posts

Posted

I bought my 1990 LB Comanche new when I in my early 30's.  I had the motor rebuilt about 15 years ago when it wouldn't quite pass emissions with 360K on it. I'm guessing I now have about 500K on the whole. They had to bore it out 60 thousands at the time because the cylinders were oval. Hopefully will last me till I pass on to the great junkyard in the sky. I just changed the oil & filter this evening on it. I always try to change it about every 2,500 to 3,000 miles. Nothing special, just 10/40 or thereabouts with about a quart of Royal Purple Synthetic added to help keep it clean.

Posted
8 hours ago, XRT38 said:

I bought my 1990 LB Comanche new when I in my early 30's.  I had the motor rebuilt about 15 years ago when it wouldn't quite pass emissions with 360K on it. I'm guessing I now have about 500K on the whole. They had to bore it out 60 thousands at the time because the cylinders were oval. Hopefully will last me till I pass on to the great junkyard in the sky. I just changed the oil & filter this evening on it. I always try to change it about every 2,500 to 3,000 miles. Nothing special, just 10/40 or thereabouts with about a quart of Royal Purple Synthetic added to help keep it clean.

Since you bought it new, check out this thread too

 

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Posted

New to the forum, but been rebuilding XJ's for some time and just recently got as close to my dream MJ as I'm going to get.  

 

Flying out of Alaska to pick it up in Colorado here in 2 months.  

 

But between my XJ's and MJ's I have anywhere between 130k upwards of 300k without rebuilds.  

 

The 4.0 if maintained can get 300k fairly regularly from my experience.   

 

Ill say this....my Wranglers 3.6 ain't got nothing compared my 99XJ 4.0 when it comes to reliability amd being a work horse motor.  

  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted

Original 2.5L... I contacted my state's Emissions Inspection Unit a while back to find out the last recorded mileage. Truck was last state inspected for safety only in 2017. At that time it had 267,142 miles. Got parked up not long after that and was never fired again. Towed to where I bought it from in 2021, and then towed to my house in 2022. It never moved after that, other than when it went 30 feet from the engine bay to a trailer. A guy came and got it to rebuild and put in a father-daughter XJ project in 2022.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...