comanche drop top

a1awind

i work with a guy who, as i come to find out, is also into Comanches. he has 2 of them an 89 eliminator that he is using for parts and an 87 LWB metric ton (he thinks its an 87) that he uses to plow... the odd thing is the 87 is a convertible ... he claims that it is factory and that there were only 15 or so made. I have never seen one before that wasn't a hack job done after market or on someones trail rider. I have seen a few factory dodge dakota convertibles, but never a manche....do they really exist like the dually?

if they do, they're not a factory.

the dually wasn't factory. it was a straight-off-the line unfinished truck that went to a company that got jeep corp's specific approval to design and build. approx. 11 were made. one is in the states (that I know of) the other is in hawaii. that's all that I know were built.

as for the convertible, it could be something in the same catagory. if that's the case, he's CRAZY if he is plowing with it.

is it black and orange? if so that's a custom job, not even any sort of "production." some guy did one of them and sold it on ebay.

:needpics: :needpics:

Turn ON sarcasm< Come on people... There are RULES of edict that must be followed. How can someone make a claim, of a sighting, of a one of a kind Comanche with out producing pictures? The WORLD is gonna stop spinning and we are all going to fall off!!!!> Turn sarcasm back off. :eek: :D

CW

OK,

1, yes it is black ...but not orange.

2, i have seen the truck for myself and will get pic's next time I'm over that way.

3, if your in the Pittsburgh area go see it for your self, it is sitting next to the gulf station on rt 8 north between routes 228 and 910 it has a grey eliminator next to it.

I don't know, those early Dodge Dakota factory ragtops sure were nice looking trucks. And I remember seeing a droptop MJ running around in San DIego about 12 years ago. It was certainly one of those backyard jobs though. Sadly, it was running around on too small tires on too wide rims too...

• 1 month later...