what do you use for a wallet?

Pete M

I used to carry a bunch of crap in my wallet but over the years I kept buying thinner and lighter styles until I landed on the current fully-engineered-to-meet-the-minimum-requirements-of-holding-my-stuff-together edition:

640x960.jpg

yes, I have the bikini of wallets. :D  they only last a few months, but I've got a bag of them.  I've whittled the contents down to license, health care cards, credit card, couple of bandaids and a comancheclub card.  sometimes a bit of cash.  anything else has a separate home at my desk and comes out only if I need it, or resides in my backpack that goes with me on any trip.

but I realize other people have different lives that need different items.  my father's wallet is at least an inch thick. ack. :crazy:  

After my duck tape wallet finally died (after almost ten years of heavy use) I had been just stashing cards in my pocket. I seldom if ever carry cash, but any time I went into my pocket for keys, etc, there was a good chance I'd lose a card or two. So after a year or so of no wallet, I upgraded to one of the "minimalist" supposedly RFID-blocking one's you see online. I've never tested the RFID blocking properties, myself, but it does a pretty decent job of holding everything together. It's essentially just a real fancy version of Pete's "wallet." Two aluminum plates held together by an elastic strap around the long dimension.  

image.jpeg.089c5aafaa1ebf8024a6c49eac66c7a6.jpeg

Its got the money clip on the back, but it creases our plastic bills to fold them up so I've never really used it much, and it gets caught on the odd thing now and again. 

15 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

I like my Sqwallet.

Sqwallet.jpg

OK, you win.  I use two wallets. One for everyday. Approaches 'George' territory at time. The other is a money clip. I use it when I do go out. Some $$, one CC, Carry Permit (if I'm carring), Car Insurance maybe a few other things.

ab33268f745edee7bd96707bbc41ffca.jpg

About a year ago
I was going though some old box’s at my mothers house and found this. I made it when I was 14 in shop class, that was 43 years ago. My butt was so boney back then it was not comfortable to use so threw it in a box. Now with more padding in my posterior it fits great and it actually has a bit of sentimental value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a couple (but no squallet:laugh:).  EDC is a leather bifold (trifolds get too thick).  If I'm traveling or on vacation, I have a nylon "sport" wallet I picked up in Punta Cana.  Just big enough to hold cash, a credit card, drivers license and my medical insurance card.

I have an absolutely beautiful handmade leather wallet from Argentina....it was a gift from a member on here that I shipped some parts to many years ago.  Kinda like yours jeepapa.:beerchug:  It's literally too nice to use.  It sits on my dresser in the bedroom as a piece of art.  Lol.

I've got a couple (but no squallet:laugh:).  EDC is a leather bifold (trifolds get too thick).  If I'm traveling or on vacation, I have a nylon "sport" wallet I picked up in Punta Cana.  Just big enough to hold cash, a credit card, drivers license and my medical insurance card.

I have an absolutely beautiful handmade leather wallet from Argentina....it was a gift from a member on here that I shipped some parts to many years ago.  Kinda like yours jeepapa.:beerchug:  It's literally too nice to use.  It sits on my dresser in the bedroom as a piece of art.  Lol.

Years ago I across some old wallets at an estate sale. I bought them because they had some great western art on them. Old and worn just added to the character of them. My guess they were from the 60s-50s judging from the style of the western hats on the cowboys. I’m looking into doing some leather work so I’m going to do something with them. Just not sure what yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk