Bored throttle bodies

I have an 87 TB (in addition to the one in my MJ).  I would be interested in a bored out TB.

I can send mine to you in exchange for one you've completed...or you can bore out mine and send it back. 

PM me cost and shipping address.

Or will you be at the York Jeep show in July?

1 hour ago, 87MJTIM said:

I have an 87 TB (in addition to the one in my MJ).  I would be interested in a bored out TB.

I can send mine to you in exchange for one you've completed...or you can bore out mine and send it back. 

PM me cost and shipping address.

Or will you be at the York Jeep show in July?

I’m not quite sure if I can make it there. My wife is due to give birth on July 15th, so that’s cutting it pretty close. 

I have 4 renix cores that I’m gonna work on soon. I can send that one out. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Did you ever get a Renix 2.5L throttle body? I have two spare assemblies that I can sacrifice. 

No I never did. I had multiple people telling me it cannot be done due to really thin walls. So I never pursued it any further. 

5 minutes ago, MeanLemons said:

No I never did. I had multiple people telling me it cannot be done due to really thin walls. So I never pursued it any further. 

I can snap ya a picture later of the bottom side if you would like to see. But they may be right though about the walls being thin. It is a funky design. 

On 8/15/2019 at 12:12 PM, eaglescout526 said:

I can snap ya a picture later of the bottom side if you would like to see. But they may be right though about the walls being thin. It is a funky design. 

That would be much appreciated, sir. 

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

B3FAFB09-621A-4430-931C-CC4564AA71E9.jpeg.9116755b0105c8de496fbf84ae1de9fe.jpeg

19F1D731-6B4C-4C67-AF76-2F45C48B598A.jpeg.cc72368f9d3affdc603e360264020113.jpeg

Yup. Looks a little too thin. Even optimism gets brought down from time to time. 

It’s possible to thicken the walls up by welding and then bore it. But then that would be cost prohibitive. 

1 hour ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

How many Renix do you have available? I just picked up 2 yesterday sensors and all. I figured I'd ask before posting them for sale if you were looking for more cores.

I actually have only one renix left and it’s spoken for. So those 2 cores ll be so nice to have. 

• Pete M locked this topic