anyone have an in with JCR?

Pete M

I sent a message asking them about making themselves a build thread in Epic Tech but haven't heard back.  I figure I'd have at least gotten a "no thanks" by now.  :dunno:   Same with Bleepin' Jeep, but it hasn't been as long yet.

I would not expect anything from Matt with BleepinJeep for awhile. He is now releasing his videos in a time delay format to cash in on them. If you support him on Patreon, you get access sooner. The other guy (whose name escapes me) his Comanche wouldn't really qualify for Epic Tech in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

but wouldn't some wort of build thread here help get more publicity for the videos?  I dunno.  maybe the economy doesn't work the way I think. :( 

Not really.  He's not posting on forums at all that I see anymore.

If he posts it here he might get a couple hundred views out of it, it's not worth his time.  Instead he's releasing stuff at the exact time to play into Youtube's analytics and keep his videos recommended or next up in playlists.  He's better of having people share the videos and talk about it on here with him not being involved, as there's no effort on his part, and it avoids the negative backlash of the attitude of "I'm not watching the videos he posts on here because he's just trying to make money off the Youtube ads."

Not really.  He's not posting on forums at all that I see anymore.

If he posts it here he might get a couple hundred views out of it, it's not worth his time.  Instead he's releasing stuff at the exact time to play into Youtube's analytics and keep his videos recommended or next up in playlists.  He's better of having people share the videos and talk about it on here with him not being involved, as there's no effort on his part, and it avoids the negative backlash of the attitude of "I'm not watching the videos he posts on here because he's just trying to make money off the Youtube ads."
You can access them early on his website for paying the fee. It's in response to the way YouTube has demonitized producers videos by cutting their audiences and pay outs. It's part of the reason behind Motor Trend pulling their stuff and the lady that shot up their headquarters. If he posts his build thread here in front of his videos being released, he loses some of that wow factor.

3 minutes ago, whowey said:

You can access them early on his website for paying the fee. It's in response to the way YouTube has demonitized producers videos by cutting their audiences and pay outs. It's part of the reason behind Motor Trend pulling their stuff and the lady that shot up their headquarters. If he posts his build thread here in front of his videos being released, he loses some of that wow factor.

I'm aware you can donate to his Patreon and see them early.  He's still looking for views, plain and simple, as views turn into both ad revenue and Patreons, plus they turn into Youtube (and Google) recommending his videos, which turns into more views (and more ad revenue and Patreons).  He is (well) over the threshold to monetize his channel, so he is getting paid for most views (save people running ad block and videos with copywrite material), even if it is a very small amount.  As you're implying, the real money is in Patreon at this point, but the revenue off views is still there and will not be insignificant.  He would be absolutely stupid to actually post anything prior to releasing it in a video that is made public, since doing so would directly cut into his own views.  He could post the content when the videos are released to the general populace, but there is little point, as if he posts the pictures the forum dwellers are likely to just look at the pictures and not the videos (I can attest to this based on my own build threads on other sites), and if he just posts the videos then it's pretty much a waste of time anyways since somebody here is going to make a thread/post containing them anyways.

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

but wouldn't some wort of build thread here help get more publicity for the videos?  I dunno.  maybe the economy doesn't work the way I think. :( 

I could imagine he may see it as a conflict of interest.  If he posts the thread here, why do people also need to go there? Kinda thing.  But like you said, it could also bring viewers to his channel.  I have commented on a few of his videos before and mentioned CC, I've gotten likes and replies relating to something else in the comment but nothing related to CC.  This does at least tell me from him liking and responding to my comments relating to CC, he knows CC exists. 

Matt is playing a money game, I don't appreciate it, and I told him so. 

Matt has begun to bore me. 

It's the money, it's always about the money. 

Some of these guys are pulling some significant money every month, and they will do nothing that negatively effects the flow. 

It costs money to do those projects. Look at the CJ he used for the Comanche project, there had to be a significant cost there. I do agree however that he has lost some of the original interest he generated.

24 minutes ago, whowey said:

It costs money to do those projects. Look at the CJ he used for the Comanche project, there had to be a significant cost there. I do agree however that he has lost some of the original interest he generated.

He paid $10K for that CJ,  $10k for an LS and two axles........and now he's having trouble with the front axle. 

A fool and his money....................

He's providing for his family, his travel escapades, and his projects..........and he ain't crying poor. 

If I recall correctly, both the JCR build and whatever Bleepinjeep is doing to that rusty 86 got ripped apart last time it was posted on here. If I was the person doing those builds, I wouldn't want to post it on here either! I'm not defending those trucks, but we haven't exactly made ourselves friendly towards them.

1 minute ago, Minuit said:

If I recall correctly, both the JCR build and whatever Bleepinjeep is doing to that rusty 86 got ripped apart last time it was posted on here. If I was the person doing those builds, I wouldn't want to post it on here either! I'm not defending those trucks, but we haven't exactly made ourselves friendly towards them.

I post on Pirate because I love the abuse.

No, actually it's because the hivemind of the internet is often right and what you're doing might be stupid and a bad idea...

i also recommend dirtbound.  Max posts frequently on FB and they have a nice rig. 
He's a nice guy to talk to also. Very friendly. We were talking the past couple nights about owning businesses, meeting up and his future plans for his MJ.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Just now, krustyballer16 said:

He's a nice guy to talk to also. Very friendly. We were talking the past couple nights about owning businesses, meeting up and his future plans for his MJ.

tell him to come to badlands this summer

I just told max at Dirtbound that he needed to do a build thread for his MJ.

We definitely need candidates for MJoTM

Matt has commented on several occasions that BleepinJeep is his full time job.  He has also mentioned his professional background is in graphic design and photography.   I wouldn't expect him to be sharing content anywhere for free.

19 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

Matt is playing a money game, I don't appreciate it, and I told him so. 

Matt has begun to bore me. 

It's the money, it's always about the money. 

Some of these guys are pulling some significant money every month, and they will do nothing that negatively effects the flow. 

19 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

He paid $10K for that CJ,  $10k for an LS and two axles........and now he's having trouble with the front axle. 

A fool and his money....................

He's providing for his family, his travel escapades, and his projects..........and he ain't crying poor. 

You gave Matt an ear full about how he puts food on the table?  He's a fool for paying X amount, for Y components, for project Z?  Those are some strong opinions.  You must be watching his channel.   That's called the Howard Stern Effect -- when even the haters can't stop watching.  

4 hours ago, DesertRat1991 said:

Matt has commented on several occasions that BleepinJeep is his full time job.  He has also mentioned his professional background is in graphic design and photography.   I wouldn't expect him to be sharing content anywhere for free.

You gave Matt an ear full about how he puts food on the table?  He's a fool for paying X amount, for Y components, for project Z?  Those are some strong opinions.  You must be watching his channel.   That's called the Howard Stern Effect -- when even the haters can't stop watching.  

Actually, I have even stronger opinions. 

I'm not a boot-licker nor a cheerleader nor an @$$-kisser nor a follower. 

By the time he's done with the MJ he'll have an easy $20K or beyond, yeah, a fool. Not necessarily for the money spent but the way he's going about it. The average guy does not spend $10k on a donor. 

As far as I know.....Bleepnjeep started out as a quasi how-to channel, now he's transformed it into the escapades of an idiot. 

His livelihood depends on viewers remaining interesting in his programming, when he begins to bore his viewers with teasers and prequels that lead to nowhere........we go elsewhere, and we have plenty others to choose from. 

I fast forward through his $#!&e now.

There are many others, such as- Nicks Garage, KCs Paint Shop, Finnegin's Garage, Stacy David, Jonathan Ward, Road Less Traveled, Jay Leno's Garage....etc....all with excellent content and no begging for Patreon dollars. And a few worth paying for, like MTOD.

Some of these guys are earning some real money, it would not shock me if Matt is pulling in 10K a month, not only do they get paid for current views but they also make money on residuals. Just for a little perspective, Casey Niestat pulls down better than $30K a month from YouTube alone. 

Hopefully you responded with an advertising rate sheet. It costs money to run CC, he would be getting paid for those video views, so you should be getting paid for those referrals.