89 MJ - Refreshing a Beater

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

After a bit of wrenching last night, I have functioning cruise control!

My trim piece that runs under the back window has rattled and bothered me always. I rectified that by placing an Oring between the plastic push pins and the body. Free fix and lively silence

Installed my new radiator, went with a cheap Spectra for now, heard good things about them. If it just doesn't cut it, I'll buy a Mishimoto. 

Also installed my 97+ wiper arms and new wiper blades along with my Dirtbound Off-road battery hold down bracket

20220530_160207_HDR.jpg

20220530_150536_HDR.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sent my fan controller in to Nick and had it updated to run the new 1/8 NPT temp sensor. 

Ordered a new MTS HO fuel sending unit and pump. Looking forward to that! My pump left me stranded once. Kinda odd. I could hear it cutting in and out, but I got home by jumping the ballast resistor. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I drove MJ for about a half hour then drove to the shop to install my new MTS HO fuel pump / sending unit and it shut off in the driveway of the shop. Could hear the fuel pump running (Airtex problems) but had no spark/injector pulse. Of course, by the time I got my labscope hooked up to the CKP, it fired right up. 

The MTS unit fits and works great and is silent. 

I'm planning to take it to a Cars and Coffee in Augusta,GA Saturday with my boy, so I want to make sure it's running right. I ordered a new crank sensor and it flashed a code 21 for the oxygen sensor, so I ordered a new O² sensor also. NTK for both. 

_RDP8213rd.jpg

• 2 months later...

Haven't done much. Loaned out my Pilot for the forseeable future, so the MJ is the DD every day. I'm so tired of rubbing when turning, so I finally broke down and ordered Core 4x4 adjustable control arms to push the axle front a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty new parts. 

Got the 0.75" spacers and adjustable arms on Saturday while battling sickness. No more rubbing when turning!

On a down note, I filled up my truck the other day when the gas light came on and it only took 13 gallons, so I'm guessing the MTS sending unit is off somewhat. I don't need a 10 gallon remaining warning. 

20221015_100507_HDR.jpg

20221015_183154_HDR.jpg

20221015_183635_HDR.jpg

On 10/17/2022 at 11:07 AM, scguy said:

On a down note, I filled up my truck the other day when the gas light came on and it only took 13 gallons, so I'm guessing the MTS sending unit is off somewhat. I don't need a 10 gallon remaining warning.

interesting.  did the gauge do the full sweep, e to f?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been struggling with a vibration over 50mph ever since I went SOA and added the 8.8. Apparently, it was in the front driveshaft. Now that I have adjustable arms, I can try to dial in the pinion angle a bit better. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...