89 MJ - Refreshing a Beater

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't try to fab these brackets.  A bit beyond my pay grade. Ordered the turn signals for the bumper from eBay UK. Opened the bracket kit and it came with new ones. Oh well. 

Got my Dirtbound stuff also. 

20220326_172354_HDR.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mounted it behind the front bumper support, protected, plenty of space and the lowest point of the cooling system to catch sediment. I didn't go to the extent of adding ball valves, I'll just likely use hose crimp pliers when I change the filter annually. 

20220429_211648_HDR.jpg

20220429_211804_HDR.jpg

Also, after fighting to get both hood latches to release for years, somehow I never sprayed any lube on them. Sprayed them down with some white lithium grease last night and they work like a charm. :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

Spent an evening finally getting around to adding cruise. Swapped the cruise stalk from my original Renix column shift steering column. I know it's a different plug but the wiring appears to work the same. Also swapped my dull black tilt lever for the Renix one. 

I'm cursed to like the Chrysler fuel injection but the Renix trim and look. 

I've got to get a new radiator soon, it's leaking like a sieve. 

20220512_231222.jpg

Hit the junkyard today. Augusta PullaPart has 9! XJs with 8 being 84-96. 

There's some nice seats there for someone. 

Snagged a coolant sending unit plug, 97+ XJ wiper arms (thought I had already done that but nope), a really nice shifter bezel with all the sliders intact, and the other end of the cruise wiring connector I needed. 

20220514_155531_HDR.jpg