I Love When People Comment On My Mj

87MJTIM

I was in the parts store parking lot changing out my wiper blades and checking fluids last weekend. Maybe took me 35 minutes tops. In that time, 2 different people came to talk to me about it, and one offered to buy. It's nice driving around something people appreciate, and I don't see myself ever getting tired of talking to people about it.

I was at the PX back in Dec, bought myself a new tv.  A kid who worked at the PX was wheeling it out for me.  When he saw the truck he just stopped dead and said, "holy s**t, you have a Comanche".  He couldn't have been a day over 17.  He said he had a Cherokee and I said so do I, they're great vehicles.  He stood in the parking lot to watch me drive off.  Btw, a 70" tv fits in a swb Comanche bed, lol.

Found a note on mine a few months ago, the guy was interested in buying it but told him no and told him to keep his eyes peeled on CL they still come up for sale reasonably priced.

Same thing happened to me.  I left my truck at my office over night.  Came back the next morning to find a note under the wiper.  It asked me to call a number if I was ever going to sell it.

(I have never called the number.)

• 6 months later...

Bringing this back from the dead.

Yesterday, I stopped at a store.  I parked directly in front of the window/register of the store.  While waiting at the counter, I saw a young man (he was probably early 20s) walking in front of the window.  He stopped to look at my MJ.  He pulled out his cell phone (no one has camera anymore) and proceeded to photograph the truck from three angles.  He walked away from the direction he came.  By the time I got out of the store, he was gone.

I was at the PX back in Dec, bought myself a new tv.  A kid who worked at the PX was wheeling it out for me.  When he saw the truck he just stopped dead and said, "holy s**t, you have a Comanche".  He couldn't have been a day over 17.  He said he had a Cherokee and I said so do I, they're great vehicles.  He stood in the parking lot to watch me drive off.  Btw, a 70" tv fits in a swb Comanche bed, lol.

This ^^^^ is the greatest! Seeing the younger generation have enthusiasm for a classic

This ^^^^ is the greatest! Seeing the younger generation have enthusiasm for a classic

I agree a few of the younger guys where I work have commented on mine in a good way. I gave a ride to one of them when he was new and he said he had NEVER seen a truck like mine :laughin: .

I have had a few people ask to buy the truck a few times but my favorite is when me and my lady was at the trash dump and i had walked away from her and the truck to take something somewhere. and a guy walked up and admired the MJ from a few angles and started asking "is it was for sell" and "you think he would trade for a JK?" by this time i was pretty close back to the truck.  She just smiled at him and said "I don't think He would ever let this thing go. He loves it way to much."

She turned to see where i was as the man walked away with the cheesest grin on her face. as we got back in the truck i asked what she was smiling about and she said "I didn't actually believe that people where just walking up and asking if you wanted to sell your truck. I thought you were full of it."

I made her ride in the back the rest of the way home......

You know, I've gotten more comments about my truck at the dump than anywhere else - just about every time I'd haul garbage off someone would stop and talk to me for at least a few minutes back when I still used the '91 for dumpin' duty.

As a member of the so-called "younger generation" not every one of us are glued to our phones and Facebook. We appreciate the classics. I let 2 of the damn things have their way with my pocketbook for crying out loud.