Comanche Rear Sway Bar, Short Box

As to the LWB-

The mid 90s Camaro/Firebird has a similar set up but reversed. I could not use it because it is actually wider along axle and would run into the shocks, could not use it facing forward because of the fuel tank.

However, for you LWB guys with shock fore of the axle it would work out fine facing the rear.

The outside eyes for the links are at 39", the inside of the frame is at 40", with offset links it should work out perfect.

MJ Junkie

• photo-4539.gif?_r=0
  • Members
  • 1,080 posts
  • LocationParrottsville TN

On Friday I went to PnP to get a 28mm front bar off a ZJ, the only one they had was on a 2004......won't work. Knowing they were not going to give me my money back, I went looking for the rear bar, 2001 Blazer.

I decided to weld on my brackets but they can be bolted on.  quote

Never heard of a P&P, or any JY where you paid for a part before getting it. Here I go out and find then pull what I want, Take it in and lay it on the counter, or floor, the guy looks at it and gives me a price.

But that aside, good job. Looks good.

MJ Junkie

• photo-4539.gif?_r=0
  • Members
  • 1,080 posts
  • LocationParrottsville TN

On Friday I went to PnP to get a 28mm front bar off a ZJ, the only one they had was on a 2004......won't work. Knowing they were not going to give me my money back, I went looking for the rear bar, 2001 Blazer.

I decided to weld on my brackets but they can be bolted on.  quote

Never heard of a P&P, or any JY where you paid for a part before getting it. Here I go out and find then pull what I want, Take it in and lay it on the counter, or floor, the guy looks at it and gives me a price.

But that aside, good job. Looks good.

No, I pulled off the 2004 WJ bar and brought it home......did not fit. At the PnP all bars are the same price so I just went and got a different bar........girl at the counter didn't know the difference.

So let me get this straight:

Sway bar: 95-05 Blazer

Axle brackets: Blazer

End links: WJ

End link brackets: XJ

Looks like it belongs on the truck. Great work. How does the truck handle?

I only drove it a couple of miles.

I can tell you this much....all the 'wiggle' feeling is GONE! and very flat on the turns.

7/8 I believe........22 or 23mm

I'll need to measure more carefully........I could not find any poly bushings today at local parts stores. Also, not listed as a factory part in any books, so I'm thinking its an ADDCO part for factory performance suspension package.

Not all Blazers and S10s have them.

Yes, it was a factory option, called the ZQ8 xtreme suspension sway bar option. The measurements for this bar look good for a LWB, but I never knew what the diameter of the bar was. 7/8" sound about right though. This the one you used?

Yes, it was a factory option, called the ZQ8 xtreme suspension sway bar option. The measurements for this bar look good for a LWB, but I never knew what the diameter of the bar was. 7/8" sound about right though. This the one you used?

Yeah, that's it.

Great - this is the one I had in mind all along using different end links and upper brackets. Real good to see it flies on the SWB, and many thanks for posting up the pics. Now I need to get one in hand, mount it to the axle, and see if it'll work around my exhaust pipes. Of course, the only way to get one in hand is to buy it. 

Awesome write up!  Maybe i can eventually get around to doing this as well...  my biggest problem will be the welding...  guess i should start practicing my welds. 

what is the point? It is my understanding that a sway bar is to eliminate body roll when cornering and that truck definitely is not set up for cornering.....  

well what if you have a refrigerator strapped down in the bed of your truck or a ladder rack? It will help roll when the COG changed due to any given load.  While we may not need a rear sway bar, its handy to have.

Got a bar from a 2-DR Blazer, with end links and axle brackets. Looks like it's going to fit just fine using the XJ upper end link brackets. It's also a 1" dia. bar and will need no welding, provided I can find the correct length end links. Jeep Driver, could you provide the length of the 2004 Grand offset links you used? Thanks again.