Jeep Driver

Comanche Rear Sway Bar, Short Box

Got a bar from a 2-DR Blazer, with end links and axle brackets. Looks like it's going to fit just fine using the XJ upper end link brackets. It's also a 1" dia. bar and will need no welding, provided I can find the correct length end links. Jeep Driver, could you provide the length of the 2004 Grand offset links you used? Thanks again.

8 inches

Nice Work, but I have a question what is that linkage that comes down from the frame and attaches to the axle for? Does anyone know?

Like the bit that attaches to the diff? It's a load-sensing brake proportioning valve. It increases rear brake bias with suspension squat.

I'm wanting to get together the parts to do this but the DIY post just says "empty post" now :confused:
In the same boat as you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I ran the TrailBlazer rear sway bar on my Dana 35  SB MJ and it worked out great. Once I replaced the D35 with a D44 it just didn't look right because the pumpkin on the D44 is off-center. I purchased a used TJ rear sway bar that comes with the 44 rear axle. The factory TJ bar is a small diameter and wouldn't really be of use on the MJ -- for me it's a test project to see if this bar will work as the aftermarket produces several beefy sway bar options for the TJ44. I'm hoping to have some time this weekend to see how it might fit. This bars legs would face to the front of the MJ (unlike the TrailBlazer set up). The TJ legs are about half the length though and should work out. Will see...

3 hours ago, Gjeep said:

I ran the TrailBlazer rear sway bar on my Dana 35  SB MJ and it worked out great. Once I replaced the D35 with a D44 it just didn't look right because the pumpkin on the D44 is off-center.

It's about 1/2" off center is all G. And that bothered you? 

Wait - I know you. It did bother you.   :applause:

I would have preferred the rear bar to face forward too, but I saw no way to anchor the left side leg because of the big-azz 23 gal fuel tank.

I finally got the pieces to put one of these together. I just need to borrow a welder or pay someone to weld the brackets on since the 8.25 tubes are too big for the u bolts and then I should be able to bolt it all up.