Comanche Of The Month - November, 2013 - Minuit's '91 Sportruck

neohic

The youth of today, right? I’m around them everyday with the profession that I’m in. Some people say that the younger crowd doesn’t contribute anything good to society. Some people say that all of them think that “manual labor” is the president of Mexico. Some have even made comment that they don’t even know how to talk correctly anymore what with their cellular devices and their Face-Tube… thingy. I think it’s great to see someone who doesn’t have a torch passed to them, but rather pick it up on their own and run with it! We’ve got some younger members here. Someone like him is sure nice to remind everyone that this hobby is alive and thriving!

Minuit's '91 SporTruck!!!

4C3lLRTl.jpg

MODEL AND YEAR:

1991 Jeep Comanche SporTruck

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE:

Stock 150,000mi 4.0L High Output

DRIVETRAIN:

Stock 2wd AW4 with column shifter, Dana 35 open rear axle.

COOLING:

Stock

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION:

Stock

STEERING:

Stock

SUSPENSION:

Stock

hWSb8Pnl.jpg

INTERIOR:

Reconditioned Medium Grey interior with Euramtec dome lights and a mild sound system. (originally bought without a radio)

KHK8cRGl.jpg

dDw6y0Rl.jpg

BRAKES:

Stock

LIGHTING:

Stock

WHEELS/TIRES:

TJ 15-inch 5-spoke wheels with used XJ center caps from Ebay. Stock tire size.

MISCELLANEOUS:

Silver Star Metallic exterior with 'squiggly' SporTruck graphics package. I'm not aware of any other MJs in this paint scheme.

EvpMkdil.jpg

1DVFnRGl.jpg

86F99xql.jpg

Best MJ story:

April 29, 2012, the day it drove under its own power for the first time since 2003. Seeing this truck that had spent so long sitting unused and unloved move again on its own was a truly magical moment. Remembering that moment makes everything I do worth every second.

Every single time I take it out for a drive is a great MJ story. I've never met a person that didn't like it and the simple fact of owning such a unique vehicle is a great experience.

What owner loves best about CC:

The fact that so many people from so many different places have joined together to provide such a great community with a friendly atmosphere. CC gives us owners of these rare, little known vehicles a home. CC has been great to me and I don't see that coming to an end.

http://comancheclub.com/topic/38742-driveway-ornament-to-daily-driver-1991-sportruck/?do=findComment&comment=390081

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Jeremy, among other MJs that are way over the top and built to the nines it’s very refreshing to see such a simple and well preserved truck like yours. Way above that, I think it’s great to see an up and coming Comanche owner take a tired truck and totally knock it out of the park on cleanliness! Way to go, dude!

-Ben

This post has been promoted to an article

Been following this truck build thread since the beginning. I'm a huge fan of the Stock and factory look of this 1. This truck makes me smile every time I look at it! Great Job bringing it along this far and I wish you many more happy years alongside it. Keep up the good work! :cheers:

Congratulations Jeremy! It's refreshing to witness a young man excited about an old truck and willing to put his hands to the task. You have every right to be proud of your accomplishment. It will be a pleasure to follow the evolution of your project. I too appreciate the practical approach you've taken to preserve the integrity of your Comanche. :thumbsup:

I echo all the comments above. You are sharp young man for having the foresight and intelligence to concentrate your efforts into the restoration of your fine unmolested 91 rather than jack it up, butcher the wheel wells, and slap bigger tires on it as most do. Kudos to you for preserving MJ originality, and congratulations for MJOTM.

April 29! That is my birthday! lol Congrats on being MJOTM! That's one clean truck you have man!

Just random for anyones inforamtion I have seen a truck or two around town here with the squiggly decals. One of your fellow MJers has them on here, but a rare package for sure.  http://comancheclub.com/topic/15618-my-mj/page-3?do=findComment&comment=363744

All I have to say is, thanks so much to all of you for this honor and here's to a long life, for the MJ and otherwise!

One of the coolest things about owning an "old" vehicle (I still don't think 1991 is that old) like this is that it represents a different time - when trucks were trucks and you could reasonably expect to be able to work on a vehicle on your own. Having one that is like no other and built the way you want it is just icing on the cake. Even though most of the people I know drive nice, comfortable modern vehicles, I don't think my truck is that far behind. Sure, it's no Cadillac (I have first hand experience) but it just gets the job done and doesn't make any complaints doing it. That being said, I do like my performance and once again the MJ proves superior. Unlike a lot of things in its class the MJ is an absolute blast to drive, in corners and otherwise. It's also the best looking truck America ever produced if you asked me. On top of all of that, it can carry nearly as much stuff in its bed as a modern fullsize!

The MJ was unique in its day and even more now. There will never be anything like the Jeep Comanche ever again, so it's important to take care of the ones we have now. . :MJ 1: .

p.s. Thanks for telling me about the red one. That's a fantastic looking truck also. There's some colors that funny 80s inspired graphics just look right with.

• 5 months later...

That is by far the finest, pure example of a Comanche I've ever seen.  Beautifully done.  If I had seen yours when I started working on mine, I would have probably gone your route.  No regrets but I will admit you have the most unique Comanche I have seen.  Congrats.  

That is by far the finest, pure example of a Comanche I've ever seen.  Beautifully done.  If I had seen yours when I started working on mine, I would have probably gone your route.  No regrets but I will admit you have the most unique Comanche I have seen.  Congrats.  

Today was a long stressful day but your comment made me smile ear to ear. I really appreciate that my truck had that kind of effect on you and I'm honored that your first post on the board was here. If you check out my build thread (link in my signature) you'll see some more current pics and my progress recently.

Your truck is pretty slick too. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Man, this is one clean truck!  Whatever you do, keep it that way!

You bet. All of my efforts since I started this project have been geared towards preserving the truck and its history while improving it and making it uniquely mine. This one's a restoration for sure.