Wow 14500?????

Bmoore2

It does look to be in great condition. The bent rear bumper and Peugeot transmission don't help but I hope he gets a good price. Realistically, 1/2 of his asking price would still be on the high side of market price.

I have people ask me all the time if my truck is a rare collectors item...I say, to me it is.

It's worth what someone will pay for it.  there are alot of people out there with too much money and not enough brains.

I saw that Sunday while looking for some parts and about fell out my chair , saw the title and expected to see something similar to yours H3RESQ . It does look odd from the front .

Isn't that the wrong grill? Thought that 84-86 XJs and 86 MJs had the 10 slot grill. I thought the 8 slot grill was 87+. Also shouldn't a Laredo have power windows and power locks? My 90 XJ Laredo has power windows and power locks.

It does look to be in great condition. The bent rear bumper and Peugeot transmission don't help but I hope he gets a good price. Realistically, 1/2 of his asking price would still be on the high side of market price.

Couldn't agree more. :agree:

Isn't that the wrong grill? Thought that 84-86 XJs and 86 MJs had the 10 slot grill. I thought the 8 slot grill was 87+. Also shouldn't a Laredo have power windows and power locks? My 90 XJ Laredo has power windows and power locks.

my larado has all manual controls also.

I would think it should have turbines as well. The grille is being 10 slot is correct, it's just upside down. The 4x4 emblems are in the wrong spot and there isn't a selec/command-trac badge on the tailgate.

He just thinks he is sitting on gold, I mean look at the antique plates and the fact that he just hosed it down to make it look extra good for the pics. IF it truly was restored, he is also trying to get back quite a bit of the money that was put into doing so. No underside pics to see just how "restored" it is.

And a side note, 84-90 grilles will fit on a 91-96 if you cut down the metal trim bars above and below the grille and keep the 91+ headlight doors. Did it on my old 91, can see pics in my thread on the last page.

Nope, unless my parts book is wrong, the 4x4 emblem was only ever on the cab from the factory. I've only seen it on the bed when they have been replaced or moved, 99% of the time though if the truck has factory paint they have been on the cab no matter the year. 86, 88, 89, 91, 92... I've seen all of these in person with factory paint and they were on the cab.

Minor point of course since they could be moved, but I was just saying since it was meant to be a restoration.

After some digging through pics I have, I take that back about the 4x4 badges. Seems the few 86's I have pics of without the giant 4x4 door decals have them on the bed. Stupid parts book, separates 86/87 differences from all the other years on everything but that it seems. Guess it's because they are the same part just in a different location, which is why the book needs an emblem section rather than listing them under the body panel they are stuck too IMO.