The Building Of Bucky

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have done an amazing job on your truck. It looks phenomenal. I do not have the patience to address all of the details you have, but I will try my best.

Thank you for the compliment....in my opinion bucky pales in comparrison to a lot of the trucks on this site that have been built by guys with more talent and vision. I have learned a lot reading their build pages. I hope that as I get mine finished that I can in some way give back a few tips or support to the community as they have so magnanomously done.

Keep hanging out here my friend and I am certain your effforts will have spectacular results on your truck.

I hope after all of the trouble the paint has been that he somewhat squared up with you on the price...and didn't try to rape you.

This remains to be seen but at this point beyond the down payment and materials bought throughout to process,

The only thing that has been exchanged is words....lots and lots of them.

We have all run into guys like this a time or two. I know I have. All you can do is chalk it up to a learning experience and move on. Sounds like you have done just that.  :cheers:

I'm glad to see you got it back. I have had two vehicles painted by two different supposedly good shops and got screwed both times. The shop had my '70 Firebird for almost 6 months.

I'm thinking about taking a night course at the local technical college on auto paint and body just so I can learn and do my own work from now on.

I pulled the truck into the shop after work today and put in new door weather stripping and window seals. Wow is it warmer! I drove home temp outside was 13 degrees.

Had to shut off the heat before I got home!!! I don't have the mirrors or locks in or insulation in the doors yet ....this keeps up I will be driving around nekkid by the end of the week....

and I normally only do that in the summer.

Paint job half done or not...man it's good to have her back.

i feel your pain with the cold man, my heater swith just broke again and when i went to fix it, i found that the switch is getting no power and the fuse is good :hmm:  

i've been cruising around in this weather with no heat

its great to see your got your mj back, id have major withdrawls from my mj if it was gone that long

Last night got door handles mounted and side mirrors on. yes I will have to pull em off to buff out the doors, but it is oh so nice not to need a flashlight and needle nose pliers to open the door especially in the cold and dark. Finished off the day by going to the car wash YAY!

• 4 weeks later...

Well Lets see if we can't get photobucket to play nicely.......theese were hot about two weeks before Christmas.

These were the last photos taken...as I have been unable to upload photos untill tonight I have not shot any new ones.

Lookin' good Bob. Man, it's got to be tough with no garage to park that beauty in.

LOL yeah parking her outside kinda sucks, but if anyone is going get to do it at my place it better be Moma's Subaru.

I would really appreciate at least having a garage this time of year for working on the vehicles and parts etc. that's the part that really sucks. Who knows maybe after the kids are all moved out we will see what we can do about a solution to that.

:thumbsup:Looking amazing Just wondering, but how is that raptor liner holding up?

Thanks for your comment. the Raptor seems to be holding up fine, but I reserve my opinion till I get it sprayed on the lower body as planned. Funny though, about a week after the rescue from the painter, one of the guys here at the shop rear ended me after work. He was only going about 10 miles an hour (thank god I had put the rear bumper on or it would not have been pretty) The cow catcher/brush guard on his suburban had a plastic pretty boy trim piece that hit one of my D-ring tabs. my bumper is not tweeked nor chipped in any way (the bumper is also shot with raptor liner) now granted it was not a metal to metal impact. but it does say something about the raptors resilience.

If you consider that an endorsement...well there it is. I will as stated reserve my opinion till I get it on the outside of the body panels. The funny part of the story is...everyone at work was completely cognizant of how long my truck was gone, I did not know who hit me till we both pulled over after turning the corner. When Chad realized what truck he had hit he went white as a ghost and was in panic mode...no damage..no problem. (but the look on his face, priceless)

doors have not been buffed out yet, and bed needs to be re-shot.....long story.

Wheels are By AEV (American expedition vehicles) they are 17 X 9... 5 on 4.5 and are no longer being made (still in 5 on 5 though).

I saw a NOS set of 5 in boxes on e-bay the other day just like these though. they are called Pitlers by AEV the color is argent.

My buddy Earl in Maryland has them on both his spectacular MJ's but in another color I believe

• 2 months later...

Weather is warming up in the rockies! went a scored a great condition early front header panel and cowl piece at the local P&pull yesterday.

both originals were too crappy to save, The first replacement cowl was busted after it was in paint and clear at the painters place, and the aftermarket header panell was too damn narrow to make work with all the trim pieces in the old style (pre 90 style assembly). I just could not deal with the way it all poorly fit after all that work.

I will be prepping these and re-scuffing blocking and primering the trailer. Current plan is to basecoat and clear the trailer, then swap the beds.

Also recently got past the pacesetter header leak (what a pita) swapped the AX-15 shifter over to the Hurst unit (awesome) and replaced the door latches with NOS units from team cherokee (incredible improvement but $$$). Will try to start posting new pics as things come together.

Look out bucky is back!

• 2 months later...