The Building Of Bucky

I'm am starting to believe this Jeep no longer exists. That or like Earl said, he has went off the deep end. I think maybe he is keeping the MJ from us, to curb our jealousy. He probably knows that once we see pictures of it we will not be able to contain our jealousy and we actually will be the ones that go off the deep end. Leaving our own Jeeps to sit and rot while we are in. So I do begin to understand him not posting pictures. His one MJ could be the end to hundreds of other MJ's. It makes sense, he is actually looking out for all the other MJ owners and the future of the MJ community. I respect his decision to not post pictures and therefore keep all the other MJ's out there on the road and being cared for.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Painter was taken to the emergency room last Sunday with extreme high fever. Has been diagnosed with a severe viral infection.

Got nothing from him when I got back from Boston a week ago but I'm sick and will call you....yada yada heard that so many times before.

Yeah I feel for the guy being sick etc etc but Christ it's always something. I will be putting him back in the hospital if I do not have the truck back sometime over the weekend. Greatly appreciate the concern and support and apologize for the ongoing suspense and drama.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having trouble with photobucket lately??? I had no problem uploading to their site from my laptop last night. But could not cut and past onto my build page from there at all last night, and only the little thumbnail shots from work this morning.

It has been so long since I tried posting to here from there is there something I should know?

or am I just dummer than usual.......

well without further adieu here are some new pictures. The doors still need to be buffed out (again). and the entire bedsides need to be shot (again). but at least she is home.

photobucket not co operating damn it

Looks great Bob, but how come the guy didn't finish it? Like stated above, you have amazing patience. 

why is the guy a flake and a piss poor businessman? I have no idea. If it had been malicious I would have no doubt gone a different route.

The fact is that he is just pathetic. I will say he wants to "make it right" and complete what it needs, but I will not leave it with him under any circumstances. I think it best to close that chapter......Yeah it needs more work to complete. But all things considered at the moment I am just thrilled to have it back. It really sucks that as I get it back, the weather is completely uncooperative to get anything done (I can't wait to put the doors back together for instance). I was very much impressed that she fired right up and has had no problem starting and running well in the sub zero weather we are having (guess I did a few things right before the decision on a painter). I will be bring it down to the machine shop I work at over the weekend so I can pull it in out of the cold and work on at least the doors. The draft and glass rattling is really a pain. looking forward to door handles locks weather stripping window seals and side mirrors also. Many thanks to all you guys for thoughts and support...I means far more than you know.

You have done an amazing job on your truck. It looks phenomenal. I do not have the patience to address all of the details you have, but I will try my best.

I hope after all of the trouble the paint has been that he somewhat squared up with you on the price...and didn't try to rape you.