Dually?

Jeep4life

A dealership did dually conversions, from new, I think. There's a couple pictures floating around here.

No crew cabs... But there might be one or two made out of Cherokees by now, people were talking about it, then I fell out of the loop, that was a while ago :dunno:

like Dirty said, no crewcabs or extended cabs; just the regular cab that we all have.

id love to know more about the duallys, like if the drivetrain was any different, if the axles were swapped out for something a bit more heavy duty, and so on and so forth. or if it was just some fiberglass bedsides and some wheel spacers...

so much want...

Comanche96.JPG

I just saw a Comanche based motorhome for sale that had the duals on the rear. Can't recall where I saw it though.

Matt

You aren't thinking of the Toyota one that has been running around on CL???

I just saw a Comanche based motorhome for sale that had the duals on the rear. Can't recall where I saw it though.

Matt

nope it was an MJ, been posted several times before.

Matt

nope it was an MJ, been posted several times before.

This one?

Damn, I wish that craigs ad was still up.......... I'd love to get more info on this truck.

It appears that the "Spirit" motorhomes were an Itasca motorhome product and they made lots of these using Toyota platforms.

I sent off an e-mail to Itasca (which falls under the Winnebago company apparently) hoping to get some info about how many of these were made and what years.

I'd assume these to have been made during '91 and '92......... :dunno:

I must say I have finally decided what my ideal MJ is. Talked to neohic yesterday about it and he agreed its something probably everyone has thought about. I'm a little slow to the game.

LWB MJ 2wd

Dana 60 rear with duals

Cummins 4BT

NV4500

Frame stiffeners

16-18 foot Custom made aluminum gooseneck to haul your trail rig! :bowdown:

I must say I have finally decided what my ideal MJ is. Talked to neohic yesterday about it and he agreed its something probably everyone has thought about. I'm a little slow to the game.

LWB XJ 2wd

Dana 60 rear with duals

Cummins 4BT

NV4500

Frame stiffeners

don't forget brakes, brakes and more brakes.

LWB XJ 2wd

Dana 60 rear with duals

Cummins 4BT

NV4500

Frame stiffeners

And 4wd.

LWB XJ 2wd

Dana 60 rear with duals

Cummins 4BT

NV4500

Frame stiffeners

And 4wd.

Nah. You would have to have a lift to clear the front diff with the 4bt oil pan because the engine itself is tall. Brakes? Yeah, good controller, four wheel discs, and a manual trans. I think it could work. :banana: Pipe dream!

Ha just noticed I put "XJ" in the original post. :oops: Or just in the quoted posts? :hmm: nevermind, I hate April 1.