Dually?

Jeep4life

Ok, so on this elusive MJ RV.........

I got a reply from someone at Winnebago Corp and they're willing to do some searching of their records. A VIN would be helpful, but unfortunately that's not likely to come to light. I sent them the photos - hopefully it'll help narrow down some info.

Using the photos in this thread, I called the phone number visible on the window of the shop it's parked in front of. I spoke with "Keith" who owns the shop and this is what he could tell me:

It sold "3 weeks to a month ago" and belonged to a 10+ year customer of his. His shop did all the maintenance/service of it over those past 10 years. He said it was "super clean and very low miles. He said it was a 2wd and wasn't positive but believes it was an '86. He said he thinks the new owner came from Montana to buy it and that the buyer was a Comanche enthusiast.

Beyond that, "Keith" wasn't real helpful. He denied having ever had the RV for sale at his shop, nor did he do the craigslist ad and found it "very odd" that there would have been photos of it in front of his shop. He was almost alarmed that the photos would be found on Google....... but he's an old guy....... :D

I'd find it hard to believe it to be an '86....... but the 10 slot grille does suggest it to be pre '87. I dunno who in their right minds building RV's would remotely think that it'd be a good idea to power that size of an RV with that anemic 2.8 V6...... I'd be more inclined to think it's an '87-'90.........maybe the grille got changed........ :dunno:

Anyone know of any Montana based MJ enthusiasts????

• 1 month later...
chevy dually fenders :D was thinking of trying to mate up 4 of those and shave them a bit for a baja cheap fender bulge look

Yes, we knew they were obviously Chevy dually fenders. :D Trouble is everybody's thinking of doing something, but it never happens.

Using the photos in this thread, I called the phone number visible on the window of the shop it's parked in front of.

Thanks for checking it out yellaheep.

Beyond that, "Keith" wasn't real helpful. He denied having ever had the RV for sale at his shop, nor did he do the craigslist ad and found it "very odd" that there would have been photos of it in front of his shop. He was almost alarmed that the photos would be found on Google....... but he's an old guy.

he was probably confused as those pics are years old, i have saved copys from at latest '07. mite i add... alaska plates? :dunno: